Logic Audio

I had some questions about Logic audio that you guys could maybe help me out with. Alright, i'm starting to get serious about my music production, i've been using Acid and Impulse Tracker for a few years now.. Shitty, i know.. But i'm investing my money in a really nice computer and some sequencing software. Now with Logic Audio. Could you take a 2 Multitimbral Part Synth, Record those 2 parts, and will it be saved on there. I can dissconnect my synth and it'll still be there? And then i could go back and record 2 more parts off the same synth? and so on...?

Also, what makes logic audio, price wise, more than cubase? For some odd reason i get the feeling that plugins are included with LA, but you need to buy them seperately with Cubase? Am i right or wrong? In your musical opinion which one is better for writting psy tunes?

Yet another question...

Could i use VST Plugins with Logic Audio... Such as Waldorfs Attack Drum Module? Or is that impossible?

Thanks for reading.

Guest jakemyth

Am I right in saying that if u record the synth parts as audio u can disconnect it and still hear the patches. It's only if u use midi then u need to have it hooked up so LA can trigger the synth via your mac or pc. Enjoy!

Guest phaeton

yups, it's just a normal .wav file ... and yes logic has got many very nice effects, some of which can't be used with other sequencers, and it's also got a software sampler (exs-24) and software rhodes kinda synth (evp-88) ... and yes you can't use vst-plugins, both effects and instruments ...

but if you're not a professional musician and don't earn money with it then i wouldn't bother buying it as it's rediculously (sp?) expensive ... try to download it from some audiowarez site, and as soon as you start to make money with it buy it .. just my opinion, i hope emagic won't be mad at me now :P

good luck!

bom bom,

rik / phaeton

Guest Mr.Hanky

LOGIC RULES!!!

Cubase is too old-school and mass-market,it's like the MICROSOFT of music sequencers...

Logic comes with some amazing PLUG-INS built in (esprcially the killer BITCRUSHER, which a lot of psytrance acts uses & some really good reverb plugins) and also includes some killer Audio Instruments that were mentioned earlier(ES1 which u can make fat bassline and kicks from and also theEXS24

which by the way is aveilable for CUEBASE and is not exclusive to logic).

and in AUDIO terms,logic is superb! ! !

the options are limitless and it isnt that hard to get into.

i suggest to anyone who uses CUEBASE - give LOGIC a try!

it's never to late to convert your sequencer religon...

I just started using Cubase now, and I think I'll probably go the Logic route eventually to get more power. But I think it will be a worthwhile experience to work with cubase for a while since certain artists use only Cubase and its good to know as many programs as you can in case you get the chance to collaborate.

I can't wait to start playing with Cubase's logical editor. Does anyone know what tools logic has to compare with it. I'd like to be able to script an algorythm that modifies certain paramaters based on the monitoring of others.

It would be even better if you could have engines that monitor the output such as a spectrum analyser, VU meter etc. and then convert those values into parameters that you can use to influence properties on your other engines?

A lot of people say logic has enough power to do anything. Can it do this?

I'm fascinated with the idea of shaping a sequence of algorythms and feeding it a sound source to see what it produces. You could have dams that accumulate and compress sound for periods of time and then releases it at certain rhythmic intervals, bounce it in a certain direction based on a certain volume/frequency quotient. That kind of thing. ;)

I just started using Cubase now, and I think I'll probably go the Logic route eventually to get more power. But I think it will be a worthwhile experience to work with cubase for a while since certain artists use only Cubase and its good to know as many programs as you can in case you get the chance to collaborate.

I can't wait to start playing with Cubase's logical editor. Does anyone know what tools logic has to compare with it. I'd like to be able to script an algorythm that modifies certain paramaters based on the monitoring of others.

It would be even better if you could have engines that monitor the output such as a spectrum analyser, VU meter etc. and then convert those values into parameters that you can use to influence properties on your other engines?

A lot of people say logic has enough power to do anything. Can it do this?

I'm fascinated with the idea of shaping a sequence of algorythms and feeding it a sound source to see what it produces. You could have dams that accumulate and compress sound for periods of time and then releases it at certain rhythmic intervals, bounce it in a certain direction based on a certain volume/frequency quotient. That kind of thing. ;)

hogus: Yeah man, I agree completely! This is when the science and math of technology will finally merge with sound! Truly programming the sound.

akindo