Goa Recording Techniques

I was hoping you all would give me some incite on this... I was listening to alot of psy trance and goa the other night and i found something very interesting that i never actually heard before (probably cause i had something in my head...) There where many many different delay or something or another that would make the music 3D like. Kinda hard to explain but i'll try my hardest. Like The main synth would be slightly on the left channel and right after it there would be one of the right and then farther to the left back to the right, you can really hear it right as the track starts. If someone could explain this to me, if you understand what i'm talking about that would be great. Artists like hallucinogen use so many different of them but when i put in like Children of the doc - martian civilization there was only about 3 delays. I've never heard this before but i've listen to goa for about 4 or 5 years now. So it's a mystery to me. Please explain. Thanks

Guest Andreas Chatzakis

Well this could be a ping-pong delay, or maybe they have assigned velocity,or a random controller to panning on their synth so that each note comes out in a different stereo position.

I dont know that might be it, but see i have about 8 years of musical experience in writting and producing, and i've never heard this before. Maybe my head was just out of wack cause i listened to the same tracks again yesterday and i didn't really notice it. It seemed when i heard it that's how they made that spatial sound where sounds come inside one another. Thanks for the input though.

@!#$ the delay, guys. -)

1. tweak knobs in surround plugins (ultrafunk)

2. tweak knobs in reverb (blah-blah)

3. tweak knobs in 3d panner plugin (spin audio)

that's all!