Buzz software

Guest noctilucent

hey ppl... has anyone here heard of BUZZ ? Go to buzz2.com or jeskola.com ...it's free and it's damn good...(generators and effects..all free)... I use buzz and I think it's better than ReBirth..Reason..FL....etc.

Yeah... It's nice but it's some big problems like WAV editor or its poor sampler. But you can make good sounds with it for sure. It's worth.

Guest Rikard

Check some buzz goa songs here (and no, im not trying to earn mp3.com money!):

www.mp3.com/kruxus

All is made with buzz, but listen to mycelium to se what buzz is really capable of.. Its a great soft.. this could never have been done in Reason. Buzz Rox.

Guest noctilucent

Totally agree with Rikard...Buzz is a great soft...especially for Goa, but I have a problem tho, I never can get the volume of a song in Buzz as high as my other mp3's and wav's without distortion... Any suggestions?? Any help is welcome..thanks. Noctilucent

Guest Rikard

Thats a problem in general when producing music, dont matter what synths or software u're using. A finished song must be mastered to raise the volume, to make it "fat" without distortion. Mastering is a pretty delicate operation, which consist of compression, EQ'ing and maybe some exciter/stereo depth enhancement. There are a lot of great DX plugs that can be used for this in wawelab or soundforge. Cooledit is a cheap alternative (..but warez is cheaper). I used to sit for hours mastering my tracks in varius sound editors but now i use a handy litle prog called T-racks. Go check it out, its awsome.

Guest Slidingtrancer

T-Racks rules for sure :D

I was really stunned by the incredible stereo-enhancement and the EQ'ing :D

get it.... if you care, i have it somewhere...

just MSN me or ICQ me

slidingtrancer@hotmail.com

oh my god.. -(

BUZZ is _16-bit_ NON-proffesional audio tool.

It means: bad synthesis & fx algorythm -> bad sound.

ps. If you listen buzz on SBLive! or ESS sound -))))) BUZZ - rox! -))))

pps. Here is one way to make BUZZ live!

export each audio channel to WAV and mixdown in multitrack editor (like Pro Tools (hehe), Samplitude or Nuendo/Cubase).

IMHO -)

BABAZ!

Guest Rikard

16 bit sound does not automatically make it a bad sound. .. i think that buzz makes all internal soundprocessing in 32 bit also. Okay, it is not a prog for proffesionals. But in my opinion it is a very good tool for people used to trackers. Remember, its free.. and its not warez (make music without being a thief :-).

Buzz is a very old prog. It was here long before even the word VST plugin was invented.

Buzz could be a very powerful tool, but it doesn't have a lot of good machines. Mostly mono stuff. You can now plug in VST instruments and effects, but that's a bit buggy and I've found that buzz doesn't save the settings of my VST's.

I think the core of buzz is very stable and can produce quite decent sound quality. But what is lacking are some very powerful, modular synths. In theory you could use proffesional VST's but like I said before I've had problems with that, so I've moved to Cubase.

All that said though I've manged to do produce some really kick-ass bass sounds with it. And Whitenoise's kicksyn can produce a very pleasing beat. You can learn a hell of a lot about effects units like Reverb, Compressors, Limiters, etc. from it and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in producing electronic music that haven't got the cash for pro software.

The samplers suck though... I think they do straight interpolation which makes any loop you stretch fuzzy.