Bashing cubase(and a quick poll)

2 years ago i managed to get my hands on a copy of Logic and of cubase5.

at the time i remember thinking Logic is much nicer in many ways, but it didn't work at all with reaktor (which was necessary to produce some poetry) so I got myself used to cubase.

I go to the cubase forum, and if i say it's great or if I'm honest, I always get these cheesy, country-music-fuckface responses..

but i have to vent it somewhere-- BUGS! I'm trying to create music and i'm going blind!!!

I have to conclude that there's gotta be something seriously wrong with the people who make cubase--- every update re-introduces a bug that was fixed in the previous update. routing external hardware into its mixer is like trying to pick fleas out of a camel's ass (pc version)

In version 4.7 logic works with reaktor like sex.

I'm using the Juno-106, JP-8080, and mucho vsti. and i think this weekend i'm gonna make the change over to it and start thinking about what's important: titties...i

i just realized I'm writing this to try and sort out my own confusion in choosing one or the other, which will probably never be sorted. the guys in vibrasphere said "cubase and logic is like choosing between coke and pepsi."

but i'd feel a lot better knowing what you guys are using.

that's the quick poll part :)

so anyway, what program(s) do you use as your seq.?

truly yours,

compu-geek a.k.a. bloodshot

a.k.a. phincycle a.k.a. mike

Guest etherdesign

Logic 4.7.2.. I have no interest in playing the endless public beta game with Steinbug.. when Logic 5 rolls around later this year it should be just about perfect.. anyways, it is basically a matter of taste, and the arguing could and does go on forever.. I just find Logic is more stable on my system and I like the interface better..

Guest schism

i go back and forth, use both...its important to know them both anyway because everybody u meet uses a different sequencer. what if u got the chance to do a track with simon p? u'd want to know logic...and if u met infected u'd need to know cubase

this is just an example tho...and not what makes my choice. i use them both cause cubase is easier to get around and doesn't use all the fuckin toolkits (toolboxes?) that logic asks for, but sometimes it seriously pisses me off.

i've never tried sonar or Nuendo, any opinions? sometimes i just need a good step sequencer, cubase surely doesn't have that!

Guest Trancer

I think Logic is much easier then Cubase..then perhaps is just me who is a bit strange...And logic is more fun to work with....Haven't tried Sonar or Nuendo!

• 4 weeks later...