Infected Mushroom - Cities of the future (yoyo) [review]

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Infected Mushroom – Cities Of The Future EP(Yoyo)

1. Radio edit

2. Original mix

3. Violet Vision remix

4. Cream

It’s a teaser of the forthcoming album IM The Supervizor except Cream which is a bonus track unreleased , the Violet Vision remix is also inedit & non-appearing on this album.

So Cities of the future is for me kinda megamix between 2 previous IM’s tracks :Deeply Disturbed & their remix of Statik Dancing, i mean :there are some electric guitar riffs, Duvdev is singing with vocoder or robotized fx on his voice.

But that’s not all, you add an E.B.M touch part & of course some recognizable IM’s fx, you mix all the ingredients & you obtain Cities Of The Future.

I would categorize the result as effective production but easy stuff but without doubt a mainstream aim ‘as the song rest easily in my head) btw this EP is announced as electronica & not trance by the label, like were otherwise the Deeply disturbed & Birthday Eps.

I don’t dig at all The Violet Vision work, in their usual breakbeat background, it doesn’t fit with the original spirit of the track for me.

Cream is a more normal psytrancey IM’s stuff, maybe some people would be interested by this EP only for this one, kinda of little come back to their more nervous & boisterous period.

7/10