tristan - lost and profound

hallucinogen & tristan - untitled

catalogue number(s) twcd22

barcode 630883003425

formats cd only

street date july 2004 (end of)

artwork calxdesign

---------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, new hallucinogen stuff !!! Great !

Guest Mike D

mmmm looks like it'll be ok... not to sure what to expect of new Hallucinogen, haven't enjoyed much of Simon's recent works... hehe a mate of mine got a sample cd that sounds so much like Shpongle stuff ( he bought froma music store) , makes me wonder how much is just sampled n' tweaked or is real music making...

Guest Jon Cocco

I haven't been to keen on compilations lately. Most of them seem thrown together; its easy work for the labels to toss out there and market. Most of the tracks usually on comps aren't even all that good. There are just too many comps now days, and few are all that good. Rarely are any considered great by the majority of people who've bought / heard them.

I've heard that many people would love to see Simon return back to his Hallucinogen music, from the Sphongle chill/dub stuff that it seems he has been mainly creating and producing in the last 5 or so years.

A real masterpiece follow-up to The Lone Deranger or a third Hallucinogen album (hopefully not all dubbed or chilled out, but in Hallucinogen-style) seems like the thing on most people's wish-list regarding Simon Postfords most excellent talents.

Guest DDrum

Good to see the great 'Brothomstates' onthere...Future fusion between IDM and Psy? Suits better than the tiresome house and club drama.

Guest FlyingCircus

i won't believe it until the cd is released

if i remember it right the tracklist for this cd has changed several times the last few months...

Guest Jon Cocco

Wasn't the original "unusual suspects" comp considered one of the GREAT comps of its time or something??? I think it was red-listed as a classic comp in this website review comp section alone. It got lots of impressive marks and reviews...

Guest grahf

this could be pretty cool... new material from simon, tristan and benji... although i'm still waiting for the hallucinogen/eat static collab =)

Guest Hallucinogenious

brothomstates..seems that there are a few people at "psy-trance" who are still open-minded ...

if simon releases a 3rd Hallucinogen album dont expect it to be like the Lone Deranger (1997) or Twisted (1996).Let's hope that he will release something beautifull as the first two albums but in a new style (forward its age,as Twisted was....)

nl: Von Magnet - Nostalghian

www.vonmag.net

Guest Subatomic Vision

I was kinda into the sound of the first chapter as it came out back in the day. I must say I'm not expecting anything cool by Posford as he has become famous for his trance formula. In his chill these breaks can worked combined with great sampling, but in his trance music his 3/4 time signature changes have become a commonplace in hallucinogen-music. I fear he's gonna be pulling off the same trick all over again on new hallucinogen.

I think we are kinda done with the same old gating and change of time signatures to be honest. The psyscene needs really new innovators. I'm kinda surprised to find Brothomstates on that album as IDM is in my opinion not the way psy should go, but if it opens a window of opportunity, why not?

Guest Hallucinogenious

IDM is not the way psy is going.dont worry,the new full-on artists i dont think that they can compose idm songs...

but its a good thing to see that at a psy-compilation there are groups from other genres ...

Brothomstates have released at Warp (i think so),thats a guarente...

Guest Towelie

can i ask where is these 3/4 time siganture changes in his trance tracks ?

hahaha (maybe there is one track somewhere)

hahahahha

Subatomic propably ment triplets....

I like it when Hallucinogen does these morphs between triplet and normal beat.... it's not like it's been overdone since nobody else does this.... at least in psytrance.... so it's very unique. :)