What kind of music do PRANA make?

I knew there were PLANS to make a new album, I didn't know they already made it. As a comparison it has been YEARS since I've heard that there are "plans" to make a new Hallucinogen album, a new Transwave album, a new Pleiadians album,.... seems that psy artists are a bit lazy...

SMI²LE

Guest .:::E.P

rumors rumors rumors.....

Maybe som artists have moved on while some people in this forum still live in the past ;)

It got nothing to do with lazyness.

"Maybe they're taking their time and ensuring a quality product...lack of that nowadays in the scene..."

yeah that's what I thought as well... however all the "comebacks" I've listened to have sucked bigtime so i don't think that "quality" is their main concern...

"It got nothing to do with lazyness."

yeah OK, "lazy" is a strong word... they're probably occupied doing something else... still, when you read in 2001 that a Transwave IV album will come "shortly" and it's 2004 and still no sign of a new album in site it's a bit dissapointing don't you think?

SMI²LE

Guest Jon Cocco

Hey Mike D and Trolsk,

I thought the Geomantik release by Prana was an already released album of mixes off their other album and or singles. When I viewed the title samples at psyshop (there are no mp3's to stream) the titles were all different. There are several mixes by Scarab, for example. It seems like the album is a bunch of mixes, but what about the first several tracks on the list? Were those previously released songs on Prana's last album, (is it Cyclone) or is this simply a remix album , a way for Prana to make money without putting enough work into cutting a new album? Any insight? Go here and see the list and title tracks at psyshop for yourself.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ava/ava1cd024.html

Basically, I want to know if this is worth getting and if these are basically a compilation of songs released before, since it says "mix" next to most of them, I FIGURED that these songs were done before by PRANA before they were mixed, so is their original versions on Prana's other albums or EP's or singles, or comps, ya know...?

Guest Jon Cocco

Okay, I see :), so would it make sense to say that Geomantik is Prana's second full album? (Re-released)

If this is their second album, has anyone heard it and is it really good? I'm contemplating ordering it. I don't think I've heard Prana before. Also, does anyone know where I can order Cyclone or will that need a re-release of sorts as well to become available again?

, later :)

Prana had a *few* good tracks back in the day, but were never outstanding ("Alien Pets" is their--or should I say his?--best ever track). Geomantik (as an album) wasn't inpiring back then and certainly isn't now. My recollection of it is a couple of decent original songs and a bunch of lame remixes of early early not so good goa. Don't buy it. That's my honest recomendation.

I will now take cover and get ready to dodge bullets.

ah Prana RULED back in the days... however now I find that they're sound is a little dated (well duh, the original Scarab was made in 1992 for example...). Or is it just because I've listened to their stuff sooo many times that I became bored of their style? That said, about a year ago I've listened to Taiyo (one of their classics) mixed into a full-on set and it still worked extremely well on the dancefloor!!

But if you'd buy an album I'd definatley recomend Cyclone over Geomantik :)

SMI²LE