how to start after a techno set...

Guest chris

hi there,

can somebody help me out with some track recommendations: I will be the last dj at a party with different styles of music. the dj before me will spin techno and I asked myself now how to start.

Obvisiouly I should throw in some techtrance tunes. But which ones? I'm asking cause I'm not very familiar with techtrance (spinning normally progressive or melodic full on -like anybody else I know ;-)

thx a lot for your help

chris

I'd go for some french psy techno like Absolum - Ultimatum 138 or Talamsca - Scorpio... of course it depends a lot on what kind of "techno" the DJ before you spins, especially near the end of his set... guess you won't know that until like 15 minutes before your set starts...

SMI²LE

Guest Mergi

Midi Miliz - One Point One... I like that track. Check labels like Iboga, Tatsu... d.drum as mentioned above by shpongled. Creamcrop... Boshke Beats.

Guest Hallucinogenious

i would use some:

X-Dream

The Delta

Atmos

Carcharodon

Section X

maybe some Juno Reactor will work ....

I would recommend Atmos or Antix or Son Kite. It depends on your mixing skills ... I would kill the techno bass first and fade the techno synth into some Son Kite - like effects (do it like them, experiment around with some bongo drumming and synth whirls before you let the true beat push in ... I think that could do it)...

Guest prog the frog

i should swing in some nice progressive ...

some swinging more happy beats - depends on wich techno is played - if it's that really hard stomping techno - i wouldn't care about anything cause its music with not much in it and you'll save the party with finally some GOOD music ...

if it is swinging nice techno it's best to use again some nice swinging progressive ...

so - progressive all the way! ...

Guest Mike D

I'd stick with Horns and Hoof entertainment, start it out with Breakpoint - Gozilla (Fuzzions Revizzion) or else Authentik - Vampire ;) it'll scare the hell out of all the candy ravers!

Guest .:::E.P

It's easy to sit and write a lot of names in random but it wont do you any good. As been said earlier you wont know until your actually there listening to the DJ before you. As a DJ with many years of experience I can only advice you to go with the flow and dont be so concerned if your start track fit 100% to what he played... Isen't the party your playing in a mixed party? If I was you I would go for some of the progressive deeper and percussive stuff - if you got any? ;) Then you won be totally off track.

Guest djtripudio

Go straight in with the psy. Middle of the road not required. I suggest track 1 on flying rhino's 'something for the weekend' clean and engaging. Or bolder still any intro from TIP.