a track i did

Guest phaeton

hello there, fellow time travelling extraterrestials .. :)

i've finally recorded a tune that has been lying on my harddisk for ages now ... it's basically the first tune i've finished in logic and i'm pretty content with it, even though the mix/mastering could probably still be a bit better .. i guess there is a lot left to learn .. :) i've already bothered several people with listening to it, and have been told that the style is somewhat similar to space tribe and the green nuns .. so, a bit oldskoolish ... uplifting, with melodies 'n stuff like that ;)

i'd be pleased if some of you could have a listen and tell me what you think about it ... the url is :

http://www.trance.org/phaeton/phaeton_-_wi...the_lizzard.mp3

thanks in advance,

rik

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

If this is your first track ever, I can't wait to hear more from you in a year or two :)

Don't get me wrong, that's a comliment... Nice production, cool sounds, very reasonable arrangement - it's all there!

That wobble sound with lot's of resonance and an LFO modulating the cutoff -would that happen to be a Juno 106...? The filter sounds much like it...

- the only thing I miss is a climax, tearing my ears out... That's the only remark I have :)

Guest phaeton

thanks for the replies ... i have to say i did this all with software only, i can't afford hardware yet, unfortunately ... so i see it as a compliment that people thought i was using hardware hehhe ;)) the sound andreas is referring to was done with a vst instrument called 'triangle', you can download it for free from www.rgcaudio.com ...

as for the remarks on buildup/climax .. to me this track contains a very clear buildup, a short climax, and a rather slow builddown, but thanks for notifying me of the fact that not everyone perceives it that way ... i never intended this to be the most crazy full on track ever or something, i tried to make it more of a floaty/uplifting early morning track with some twisted elements ... of course it could have been better, but hey like i said, i'm still learning ... =)

Guest Slidingtrancer

The things I lack:

A compressed snare, a repetetive songstructure and melodystructure.

I need more entwining melodies/effects/whatever

I still DO like this, I see a steady progress in your work man, something I lost ages ago :D

Enjoy

Guest Slidingtrancer

The things I lack:

A compressed snare, more melodies, effects, bends....

I think it's a repetetive songstructure and melodystructure.

I need more entwining melodies/effects/whatever

I still DO like this, I see a steady progress in your work man, something I lost ages ago :D

Enjoy