Hux Flux - Division by Zer0 - Mind change!!!

Guest healium

I posted awhile back saying I thought this album was subpar BUT, that was before proper Sennheiser headphone experience - this album is insane!!!

I can say that this album has the best production and sound manipulation of any album I've heard - I mean EVERYTHING is panned and wizzing around - incredible 3D landscaped are created...

This album I would say is more psychedelic than the first, it's just so far out there, off the charts - the way it's put together is so dense and complicated and it was really hard for me to get into but damn I'm glad I did - genious stuff!!!

Guest rx7style

I have Sennheisers as well, and I still thought this album was sub-par... amazingly it sounds better on loudspeakers if you ask me.

Guest DDrum

Somewhere behind the jumpy GMS bass there might be a good album lurking somewhere...it sounds way too trendy for my liking...

I'll doubt that I will be remembered as a classic in a few years...To me its just another bandwagon jumping victim...

Could you two be a little more specific and tell which Sennheisers you're talking about? Sennheiser does have many different headphones you know.. :) some of which are really poor

Guest healium

Well I was stoned a couple times but recently I've only listened to it sober...

I have the HD-280's... Highly recomend them..

What is wrong with the "jumpy" bass anyhow?! I hear people talk about this and I don't understand it - the bouncing bass effect is BADASS!!!

I also don't understand the comment about the album being bandwagon jumping - this album sounds totally unique - Hux Flux has it's own style by a long shot - that is the Hux Flux sound, quirky and progressive with phat bouncing beats...

The only way this album is similar to others is that it's in the progressive or minimal category, but that's like saying "Oh Cosmosis is just jumping on the Astral Projection melodic bandwagon" or something ridiculous like that...

Guest DDrum

My biggest gripe with the jumpiness is that everyone else is doing it...No jumpy shit on cryptic crunch...Immediately I get suspicious if an artist sells out to the latest trends...Like I said, beneath that imo irritating factor there is a good album somewhere...

Guest rx7style

I used to have HD590 which were awesome, but I traded them in for the new HD650 (Sennheisers). Nicest pair of headphones I've ever owned.

Guest healium

Jeez are you rich or something?! I've heard tho they're not much a difference over the $100 range headphones, for all practial purposes...

I will say I hope Hux Flux releases a 3rd album but I'm not optimistic - I think a 3rd one would have to go back to the more explosive melodic sound ala Cryptic Crunch, which I would be really happy about...

There's a huge difference. The HD650:s also require a headphone amplifier to reach their potential. And with such a detail revealing system you'd better have a good source too(a high end cd-player)