dark ambient...crazy shit

the purest i've heard to this day is Depth Klangs tracks on Ibogas new entry cd. Im struggling to find downbeats as dark as that.....hopin someone has a few suggestions.

Guest bahamut

Pete Namlook & Bill Laswell - The Fate of Energy.

This must be the coolest dark ambient with beats/percussion, anyone ever did. Not extremely dark or evil though, but still dark :)

The sounds, melodies, buildup - it all flows so extremely well together, that it might sound 'too easy' at first listen. But don't let that fool you, this is ambient perfection.

Guest Forrest funk

Check out Cevin Key, one of the guys from the legendary industrial band Skinny Puppy.... He has a project called "download" that could be something for you, also check out "music for cats", also by cevin key... and of course SKINNY PUPPY, their slow tracks are just so gooooood.

Guest bahamut

shpongled: not really, everything they do is pretty different (and not always that great)... but, another one of their very very cool tracks is: Pete Namlook & Bill Laswell - Samira

Bahamut.. yep.. I have actually borrowed bunch of Laswell's albums/collaborations from a library but somehow never got into it much... propably just didn't consentrate enough. But at least these two tracks are very good. Samira has exellent percussion work and sounds. :)

Hmmm ... there are many different forms of Dark Ambient Music ... there's dark stuff, there's horror stuff, there's relaxing stuff, there's medieval stuff, there's sad stuff ... I don't know what you're exactly looking for, but I suggest you to try:

Burzum - Tuisto's Heart

Megaptera - Sludgy Heads Found In A Handbag

Ice Ages - This Killing Emptiness

Desiderii Marginis - Chrism

Dargaard - Temple Of The Moon

Darkened Soul - Echoes From A Dark Past

Letum - The Final Process

Raison D'Être - Falling Twilight

Sephiroth - Dark Father

Vond - Suicide Is Painless

I suggest not to listen to that stuff when you're depressive ... some of it can really bring you down...

Guest Jon Cocco

Guys, where do we buy this dark ambient music? Is any of this awesome stuff available on psyshop.com? I really want to hear and probably buy it. Anyone know any sites that sample and sell this stuff? Please post them, much thanks!