x-dream

I was just wondering why x-dream's music is so highly respected?

I thing it's very minimal and dark...that music doesn't offer anything

really....just few psychedelic sounds mixed with basslines.

When I saw x-dream's album highlighted in review-section I was

really stunned! I would like to hear why you people like it so much?

well actually X-Dream's style evolved a lot through the ages. They started with oldschool but with an unique production, somehow it was "calm" sounding compared to your usual oldschool with a hundred screaming 303s. Then their sound moved from oldschool with a twist to a very original style in Radio. Some (like me...) call it the album that started the whole minimal trend, others consider it to be dark descrete melodic, anyway like it or not, Radio is a milestone in the history of goatrance. Then they moved up a notch with Irritant which is basically noisy psytekk and isn't that original in its sound compared with their other albums IMO... So all in all, personally I never really liked their sound (whatever the period), unless I'm in a particular mood and then I find it's pure genious. But then I play the album (track) again the next day and I think "nah, it isn't that good".

SMI²LE

Well, I personally like X-Dream but everything 'till Irritant...Their first album, Our Own Happiness was STUNNING ! Whole album was great...Their next album, Trip To Trancesylvania was pretty good, not that good like first one,but pretty neat...Their third album, Radio was also good...a bit minimalistic but still psychedelic...But, their fourth album, Irritant was pretty boring...I didn't like almost anything from it except song Irritant and Universal Chaos....

OUR OWN HAPPINESS - 9/10

TRIP TO TRANCESYLVANIA - 7/10

RADIO - 8/10

IRRITANT - 4/10

But still, one of their best songs ever was PANIC IN PARADISE:::oH MY GOD ! It is easily one of the best and most psychedelic songs ever...If they made whole album like that song, it would beat all of their albums....But, they didn't and that's a shame...

I actually think Irritant is quite loq grade compared to The Delta or SPirallianz/Midi Miliz and a lot of the Horns and Hoofs Entertainment crew... it's just nice othave music that isn;t intense, yet can take your mind to other places...

Guest Dr. Cheroot

X-Dream rocks.....well... rocked until Irritant, which i thought was good too, but not my style.

Lemmiwinks is right, X-Dream is definitely a milestone in the evolution of trance. Their releases like Our own happiness and Radio were way ahead of their time. You can notice their psytrance bassline in tracks made in the 95-96 era of goatrance.

They're pretty unique sounding too... it's tough to find tracks to mix in and out of X-dream.

Guest healium

Right on, "Radio" is SO good, maybe my fav album ever... And definately something that changed psytrance in a big way...

I didn't like "Radio" till I really got into it on some headphones, changed my whole view of that album, AMAZING production, so much going on, beautiful sounds and melodies...

Trip to Transcelyvannia was indeed the first - that and "We created.." are good but not off the charts like Radio, IMO...

"Irritant" was a HUGE dissapointment to me, don't like it at all...

respect to x-dream. their music is always innovative, they have a really good production and they know how to build tracks. It took me a while to realize it too, but i suggets u buy the albums "We created our own happiness" and "Radio", radio being much more psychedelic but both albums are very good.

Well, I've got two albums from x-dream; We created our own happiness and Radio...well radio has 2 quite good tracks psychomachine and

out of your control and "happiness" has 3 good tracks: Related Vortex,

Our Own Happiness and Eleven. So I don't really hate it I just find difficult

to understand this kind of music...I'm more into pleiadians, I.M. , Shakta,

Transwave, Cosmosis, Miranda, Hallucinogen, The Muses Rapt...and so on.

Guest the fan

respect to my fellow X-Dream fans we all know thay X-DREAM makes the BEST techno/trance music...

i've heard X-dream play their new tracks live "We are the first" and Quantum lab" they set the whole party on fire!!

masters of the dancefloor are back!!!!

Guest perro andaluz

Yeah man!! "We are the first, we are the last" with that chick singing made me trip really hard. It's awsome!! They actually converted me with their new live set. Can't wait for the new album.

Guest Freewheelin' Franklin

Why are they respected?

Because they are very talented producers. Since the beginning of their career they have shown us a different sound that doesn't compare to others. Be it the old school sound described in one of the first replies to this topic, or the more technoish sound from Irritant - these boys know what they are doing. Production value is always at its highest.

Huge respect.

FF*

Their last live act with that woman was awful ! It was entirely minimalistic with some wailing and no melodies at all...I was so dissapointed that I decided not to go on their live acts ever again....

Guest quantum lab

X-Dream is the most respected and leading act in our scene today.. always keep pushing the boudaries of electronic music..

I personally love their music, especially their new work

can't wait for their new album on G+

i recently heard a very rare , unrelesed track from them called "Slim drum"; it's the same style than Irritant, i really liked Radio, GREAT with headphones, but the Irritant style bores after some listens, track 6 "Fall out" is so WICKED though...but Radio is one of the best psy albums ever for me.

Guest Drat Mafia

from reading all the posts above you all say i liked the old stuff but not the new stuff. fair, that's just personal choice but there aren't many artists i know of whose style can be sooo different from previous stuff. X-Dream are amazing for me because they actually seek to progress and evolve their sound. respect

Guest SourMilk

I would say that I really like x-dream, I started this psy/goa mania with them and etnica, their sound has always been a bit dark and they really defined an era in psy to me, their old stuff is great, and irritant just blew my head, they are really skilled producers, they have a clear vision where they want their music to go, thats why I believe they are true originals in the scene among the copycats that have appeared