2015 Progressive Psytrance production - 138 bpm

magix

Hi everybody!

I just finished a new tune, made in Cubase 7.5 -

I know that it's not top professional and there's a long way to go to make it sound pro, so all constructive feedback is very welcome :)

Thanks in advance!

// Morten

#gnireelknarf

Thanks for your reply! :) I agree 100%. My problem is that if I turn the bassline up som more it will clip, and I don't know how to fix it yet. I can of course turn down the master-volume, but that doesn't solve it since the whole track will be to low IMO. Any advices here? ;)

Kick is made in BazzISM and bass is made in Sylenth1 (SAW wave, no sine to backup) and I've spend several hours just on basslines, but I haven't yet managed to create a bassline that I'm totally satisfied with. As it is now it's way to soft. I need it to "pump" some more :)

you can cut out some of the ulta low frequencies on the sylenth by setting a high pass eq at about 50 hz, that will make you able to pull up the volume a bit

you should set the overall volume somewhat down before you do that and at the end of your producing cycle turn the volume up with a limiter on the master volume

so it cannot clip, then you can do some tweaking, i dont know if you use dynamics on your master but it will make the track more dynamic like it says

it is not about volume of your mixdown, remember that, when i like a sound i just pump up the volume. Better make sure the sound of your mixdown is

ok en than at last put the volume of your mixdown up to a higher level,

if you want to listen if your mix has to much bass or to low bass you have to play it almost silently to hear if some things come more to the front, if you can hear the low bass then in your mix, there is to much in it, and if you cannot hear anything of the bass there it is set to low. Not on headphones btw.

Thanks a lot for your advice!

I'll try to work some more with the limiter and remove the low frequencies. I always remove everything below 30 hz but it makes sense to remove some more.