Goa trance classics - fast or slow version

radi6404

There are many goa trance classics with a fast and a slow version? I am wondering which version the people on this forum prefer, the fast or the slow version? Sometimes the fast version is older than the slow version and you can clearly hear much better production quality which improves the sound in general. One exmaple of this is Astral Projection - Radial Blur. The fast version sounds a bit faded compared to the slow version. The slow version has cristal clear soundquality and the synth presets are better as on the fast version. There are many other tracks I´d like to know which version you prefer, the fast or the slow version.

Electric Universe - alien Encounter

I think this is a simple choise. The fast track in my opnion is not on the same level as the slow track. The fast track is good old sounding goa, whihle the slow track is really melancholic sounding downbeat. It is one of the best tracks by Boris Blenn and one of my all time favourites. Boris Blenn produced a masterpeace here and it is regarded as one of the best downbeat tracks, with a good reason.

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy - Ambient Galaxy

This choise is hard to make because both tracks are known to be some of the best output by Astral projection. The fast track is very dynamic and has a deep atmosphere. the slow track however has even better melodies and a better groove as the fast track. I Sometimes I prefer the fast version, sometimes the slow version, but if I had to choose, I would choose the slow version. I think it is more advanced as the fast version.

Astral Projection and MFG - Radial Blur

Radial Blur is one of my all time favourites. <it is clearly influenced by MFG. Together with Astral Projection they produced an impressive track with a great climax and many impressive melodies. It is a rather happy and emotional track in my opinion. It also has something mystic on it, but that is the responsiblity of MFG. The fast version is impressive, but the slow version is also very interesting. The slow version has better sound quality and better synthsounds in my opinion. The bell like synth at : is really something I´ve never heart in goa trance before. This synth alone makes the track almost better than the fast version. However, as a whole I must say that the fast version is a bit more interesting because it has more elements and is a bit more advanced. The fast version of Radial Blur is a little bit better, but the slow version is brilliant and also one of the best downbeat goa trance tracks ever produced in my opinion.

What do you think of those tracks? Are there other examples?