7. Tyger Tyger
HALDOLIUM

8. Behind the wheel
HALDOLIUM

9. Another Day
HALDOLIUM

10. True and Strange
HALDOLIUM

Haldolium was one of the original progressive acts from back in the late 90's and early 2000's. For those of you who are newer to the scene, we used to call "progressive" trance "minimal" back then - and when it first arose it was polarizing - many people in the goa crowd loved it and many hated.

We don't get enough progressive/minimal/tech trance album reviews here - this is because the neo-goa crowd has taken over from all I can tell - their girlfriends all have hairy armpits and it doesn't bother them a bit..

Anyway, this album here is moving toward a more commercial sound while also retaining some nice dark vibes and rhythms. The feature here is a great remix of the classic X-Dream track - "Our Own Happiness"(back before X-Dream was a minimal/progressive/tech trance act). I think I like this remix better than the original, which is rare.

• 2 months later...

I agree the remix is good but better than the original ? That track blows the new shit out of the water. I think the jury is out on that one!