DJ equipment?

Guest Honguito

Recently I've been thinking of how cool it would be to do some mixing just for fun. So I've thought about buying the equipment I need. Maybe one day I'll play at the VooV festival =)

What are the benefits with choosing a vinyl mixing device instead of CD?

Hehe, I know that you're thinking that I'm quite a newbie but I don't really care. All I want is mix and at least fantasize I'm doing it at a big party =)

Do you know any good webpages to start off with so I won't bug you with silly questions in this forum in the future? =)

Thanks for the help!

Guest Flying Kundalini

well Honguito.. I'd go for CD mixing over Vinyl for the 2 simple reasons that 1) CDs are easier to get hold of, smaller and more compact to travel with... 2) Most clubs/parties whatever usually use CD decks as standard these days..

as for tips on mixing.. well the best way is to teach yourself.. its not hard just get yourself a couple of Pioneer CDJ 100's and a mixer and practice practice practice :-)

Guest Honguito

so is the vinyl mixing about to die?

Okay, so if I choose pioneer cdj 100's, do you have any special recomendations about what mixer to choose with them? What do you think about the Pioneer djm 300S?

Thanks for helping me out! =)

Hade jag varit dig hade jag köpt djm300s, men annars om du inte har så mycket pengar så kan du ju kolla på Numark eller nått. Jag har en Numark DM1001X och är hyffsat nöjd med den, den kostar 1800-2000kr så den är ju lite billigare än pioneers mixer. men om du har råd så hade jag nog köpt pioneers.

/Kriss