Female DJ

It just seems that a lot of women don't follow through with the DJ thing... I've had quite a few talk to me about Dj'ing and how much they want to do it, and I always tell them, or any of my other friends that they're welcome to come visit and I'll show them what it's all about, but the fact is that most of the women who are into well... anything vaguely interesting (i.e not clothes, shoes, tv, movies, makeup, getting married, having babies) have these hectic social schedules, and hardly ever just go... screw everynody... Psy-trance is the No. 1 thing in my life, and everything else can get a turn when its convenient.

everynody... can of course be translated to everybody....

But that was a good freudian slip.

The fact is, that seeing movies where 50% of the starship troopers are women is a far cry from reality (There just don't seem to be that many women out there who want to commit themselves to a lifetime of heavy artillery), but if you're female, into psy-trance and Dj'ing and spend 90% of your life thinking about it, no-one is going to stand in your way... Trust me, you've got an even better chance of promoters booking you than guys who put in the same effort.

Guest Goazzz!!!

One of the first parties i went, a female DJ was playing!!!! Her name is Miranda!!! She's Swiss and one of the first female DJ in psy-trance!!! I haven't heared news about her recently..... Another well known female DJ is Stella Nutella!! I heared her in Sola-Luna and twice this winter and she's good!!! Also don't forget the Japanese one (i forget her name at the moment)!!!

To deathposture: what a shame! A female DJ wearing a bra!+not being good...she aint no DJ! (not talking about psy)Im an author of this forum and glad to see the topic has involved peps into discussion..Music is holy for me, bras and all that sounds ridiculous..Yes, trance is #1 in my life and im not worried about babies, clothes and tv at all..Well..clothes - maybe, gotta keep up w/the image but its the constant beat in my mind that keeps me going.But about promoters - its hard to find the right people, just as hard for a female as for a male..The fact that u got a pretty face + some tits make them want a piece of ass and lot of them wont even take you seriously just cause of that baby and stuff part of your nature..Kate

If trance is #1 in your life it's not a problem...

I'm used to just about a whole world not taking me seriously, because I spend as much time as I can working on music instead of earning big money spending a few hours a day more programming. So who cares what a couple of promoters think, if you get to the level where people are going: "Holy @!#$" when you consistantly do excellent work they'll wake up.

It's not about fame or fortune either... There's very little of that to be had in the Psy-trance scene... The DJ is as much part of the crowd as anybody else at an event (Well in my experience anyway). Sure DJ's tend to have a lot more confidence than other people, but that's the same with any performer... It's got nothing to do with any repect you earn, but rather with the fact that you need confidence in yourself to pull off a flawless set.

When I was still more into the regular techno scene i used to drule over Miss Djax, even though technically speakintg she is not that hot, but she had so much energy and character....

i'd love female dj's, even though think its somewhat true that women are more drawn the housey loungey side of things, there are a couple of girls in the german psyscene, but they play more ambient or loungey afternoon housey stuff, like la nina and annejoy etc..., the play at psyparties, but only house.

Hi everyone,

I'm really surprised wtih a large amount of answers here !

I'm French, and it's common here to see Girls Djing !

No less than a month, a Special "Djettes" Party was organized and it was really good !

I think Girls have a deeper feeling with melodies than the guys, their Dj set are, most of the time, more melodious.... that's my opinion ! ;-) but it's common than Girls got more "sweet feeling" than guys, i mean the sets are generally less brutal !

The Guys who criticize girls who djing are jalous !!! (sorry for my poor english ! ;-)

So, Girls ! Go on ! make the Guys and Girls dancing and dreaming !

that's all we want !

Bast

Guest clive frog

I recently saw Stella Nutella play beside Bansi (GMS) , Dimitri (TIP) , Gus Till (Flying Rhino) at Summer Dreaming 2002 heere in Australia (2002/18/02) and she rocked. Great beat-matching and programming made for a fantastic set at 10am, even with the cdj problems (500's vibrating and jumping - as usual). She had everybody groovin to the sounds of Noamd, From the Planet Earth. What a great track. It doesn't matter if ur male or female, u just need to care about what ur doing and always see room for improvement. I've heard plenty of @!#$ male dj's.

Keep it up everybody!! Lets go to Mars