That rare 2001 sound

GagaISM

Try Etnica - Chrome. It always gets slated in comparison to their older material (which I love more than chrome by a long, long way), but it's a completely different style. Pounding hypnotic minimal. I was glad to see you already have the Bufo album! I love it!

That's interesting. I had no idea Etnica had released a Minimal album.

• 2 weeks later...

Also try compilations Goa head, Distance to goa, etc... released around 2001, you will find some interesting tracks.

Most of them are double cd's with one more progressive/minimal but they were not that appreciated back then like Otto wrote above.

• 4 months later...

I personally had the impression that most people had grown tired of old school Goa at that point and that minimal/prog was really BIG. But maybe it wasn't that big at all. More like a short-lived sub-genre for a select few?

Necton, Matenda, Morphem (2nd album), Segment, Shakta, Funf D.

I don't care for minimal that puts a lot of emphasis on the bass drum (e.g. that Xdream/Delta/Spirallianz style), but I do like hypnotic progressive psy from the period you mentioned.