Anyone using a Roland MC-909?

Guest nectarios

Guest nectarios

We got given a free(!) Roland MC-909 from our Holland gig, as a top up gift from the amazingly cool dude Hanke, that puts up parties in north Holland...bless his family :)

I'm getting addicted to triggering drums manually from the thing + it has some really good sounding TR-808 (and TR-909) sounds that I can fine tune in real time using the knobs, without looking at the screen, which is brilliant!

Recording in through SPDIF, any tips and tricks anyone has? Will install the OSX drivers particularly for throwing samples of the computer to trigger/process in the MC-909.

...Cause for some stupid reason I'm loving using it for building drum patterns, even tho it takes longer than Logic's midi editor...I just come up with different things than I usually do.

Peace out.

• 1 month later...

We got given a free(!) Roland MC-909 from our Holland gig, as a top up gift from the amazingly cool dude Hanke, that puts up parties in north Holland...bless his family :)

I'm getting addicted to triggering drums manually from the thing + it has some really good sounding TR-808 (and TR-909) sounds that I can fine tune in real time using the knobs, without looking at the screen, which is brilliant!

Recording in through SPDIF, any tips and tricks anyone has? Will install the OSX drivers particularly for throwing samples of the computer to trigger/process in the MC-909.

...Cause for some stupid reason I'm loving using it for building drum patterns, even tho it takes longer than Logic's midi editor...I just come up with different things than I usually do.

Peace out.

Real cool man , that will give you many hours of pure fun. Sweet LCD screen.

I can't say a thing about it , i had a MC505 but now only got Electribes , better for on-the-fly editing , didn't like much of the 505 (despite it has real good sounds) because i had to stop the sequence , edit | record and then play again not to mention the massive submenus that thing has.

Man have a look on Google , there are 909 communities outhere.

Have fun man and congrats on this gift.