Help me

Guest Keith L. a.k.a. entheosha

Hi all, I'm completely new to the whole goa trance thing, but from the few songs i've listened to already i'm psyched about the whole genre. My main problem is that i have no where to start in this whole thing. I need help on what artists to download. F.Y.I. Previous bands that i liked are and in order: The offspring, System of a Down, Rammstein (German Band, Du Hast, etc.), Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000, Marilyn Manson, etc. My two main favorites that I love are Rammstein and Marilyn Manson (metal bands mostly). Like 5 top artists and their 2 or so main songs would help me out greatly!!!! Also, one last question, what's the best way to download songs? Currently I have Kazaa yet that rarely has a good lists of artists or songs. Your thoughts, replys, help, questions, spam, etc. would help me out in the best way!!!!!!! (Furry_chicken00@hotmail.com) if not listed above. Thanks for ur time and hope to hear from u!!!!!!

Guest Quazzi

You are new so you probably don't know. Instead of dowloading the tracks you should buy the originals and support the artists and the scene. A good way to check track samples is saikosounds (www.saikosounds.com), all tracks samples are about 2:30, so you can get a good idea of what you should buy. Anyways, for starters you should check this artists:

- Astral Projection: albuns - Trust in trance & Dancing Galaxy

- Cosmosis: album - Synergy

- Pleiadians: album - I.F.O

- GMS: album - GMS vs Systembusters

and others......

:-)

Maybe you should try some of the TIP or SPUN releases.

For me these releases are kind of soft, but still energic.

Go to Psyshop.com and tjeck out their releases, it is worth it.

When you have listened to this kind of Psy in a couple of months or years, you should try out these artists/groups :

Spirallianz

MidiMiliz

The Delta

Boo Reka

(I know these are my own favourites, but for me, this is the kind of music I like these days)

Guest krize

It seems like you like harder rock ; check out these : SKazi, X-Dream, XenoMorph, Neuromotor, Sun Project, Tim Schuldt ...

Guest krize

And also Dark Soho .... And please if you like the music, support and buy it ... You can get cheap cd`s from the links PK gave you ...

have a psychedelic weekend !

Move beyond downloading for the full experience. Explore on your own (reviews, samples, forums, compilations). Find out what you like and buy CD's from artists you like.

I think Krize's suggestions would be a good start for you given what you say you like.

Guest Kiph T. Elephant

I think it's pretty hard to figure out what kind of psy you'd like according to music from other genres (especially if it's not electronic music). Could you tell us what groups and tracks got you excited about goa/psy? Hallucinogen, Infected Mushroom and Astral Projection are probably the most famous psy groups. If you like darker stuff, you might want to check out The Delta and for dark but still melodic you could check Tim Schuldt and Dark Soho.

Guest Keith

Hey I've been listening to like astral projection hullucinogen and infected mushroom, but what i really would like to find is something that's paced very fast and has an awesome melody. Any suggestions?

Guest Daniel

Since you like rock and rock has a darker edge to it you would probably enjoy:

Hallucinogen

Infected Mushroom

Dark Soho

Skazi

And if your in the mood for something happier try:

Astral Projection

Etnica

Pleiadians

Transwave

needs more good metal recommendations:

meshuggah - destroy erase improve

at the gates - slaughter of the soul

nevermore - anything

thats good for starters!

psy recos:

parasense, wizzy noise, younger brother...

those are my favs this year

Guest psychotrout

he he oh my God! nobody has mentioned "Battle of the future Buddhas", with their incredible sounds =D

Buy their album (called "twin sharfix"? or something like that)

and also Dimension 5 - album "Transdimensional"

• 3 weeks later...