psy compatible with techno

Guest Duodenum

hi

i have been listening to psy since 95, but i spin primarily acid techno/trance.

i have been exploring new psy sounds for the past few months, and it seems like there's lots of stuff that can mix well with darker techno. like Spirallianz, The Delta, Midi Miliz, Ticon, etc..

can you recommend more? i prefer tracks that have a good progression, heavy percussion, and big basslines. please suggest double packs and other multiple disc sets that can still be purchased online. i prefer vinyl.

i'm practicing 3 decks now, and it would be awesome to have some psy in the mix!

Probably not available on vinyl, but both compilations by Horns and hoofs entertainment (Fundamental, Eleventure) would fit your bill really nicely. Also, everything by PPS Project comes with the highest of recommendations.

Tossing the ball right back at ya: Dark, fat techno, which names should I be looking for? Haven't followed the scene at all for a few years. Thanks.

Guest psychotronic

all of these projects by arne,wayan and marcus have very strong tracks

i can recommend these albums:

(i don't know if they are still available online and on vinyl but these must be part of a psychedelic techno collection as they are completely unique)

-Spirallianz : Blast Food / Stereopark

-The Delta : Send in Send Back

-Midi Miliz : Passages

-X-Dream : Irritant

and the new Boshke Beats compilation

-V/A Clangour

"...like Spirallianz, The Delta, Midi Miliz"

"

-Spirallianz : Blast Food / Stereopark

-The Delta : Send in Send Back

-Midi Miliz : Passages

-X-Dream : Irritant

"

Damn...if that isnt like them I dunno what is! good job

Guest narwhal

Try Etnica "Black Lava" from the album Chrome (the Japanese version) Some of the deepest technoish- abstract music, although still psychedelic. (to my ears) Good luck!

Guest koolaid

Jaharishimo: For "Dark, fat techno", look for releases by Guy McAffer & Dave The Drummer Hydraulix series. Specifically Hydraulix 9A, and umm I forget now but I think it's 11A (!!!). Shut Up by Geezer kicks ass too.

I think if you find Guy McAffers labels website (RAW), you should be able to download 3 of his tracks... But I can't seem to find it ;-) Please let me know if you do. Thanks!!!

Guest Duodenum

well, my chosen style is a mixture of darker trance like early Eve stuff, older German trance like Global Ambition/Voodoo/GAMB, and London (acid) techno like Hydraulix (buy 15 and 16 immediately), Cluster, and Stay Up Forever (try the newer one "Acid Culture"). throw in some hardtrance like old Sentience tunes on Nukleuz Purple, and you get a pretty massive set.

the thing i love about newer psy is that you can really mix it, unlike the old spacey stuff that had tiny intros and weird structure changes. when you layer something like Ticon's new music over techno, you get this huge build going.

damn, i want to go home and mix now :~)

Guest Duodenum

i forgot- also check out the relaunched German label Phuture Wax. really heavy, progressive techno with fat basslines.

Hey bro! I just got the Fundamental compilation by Horns & Hoofs Recs. It´s really awesom!!!

It features 8 russian psy-tech bands with really powerfull bass lines and some tech sounds I´m sure you´ll love.

Check it out at www.hornsandhoofs.com, thers a newer compilation now so go and chek it.

Plus some Wizzy Noise (wizzynoise.gr) stuff, like the Cyclotron album

A Laken

v4K

Guest Axis Mundi

There's some stuff on Twisted that might go good with Techno. Try "Metal Gear/100% Pure EP" by Synthetic.

Guest razael

boo reka - corrupt data factory album is perfect for that..

dunno of there's a release in vinyls....

u'll make a kewl job..;P