CD2

01. Pole Shift

02. Central

03. Wolverine

04. Syco

05. Machinery

06. Barbaric

08. Central v 02

Always give a big plus advance to double album like in this case. Especially if its published by some of my faw labels with well known established artists like Virgil and Xavies are. My expetations was more then fulfilled. As a big fan of techno, tech trance and night deep elements, I can say that this double album is like "earzsolution" for me :) Hope that readers don't mind me on my free expression no matter of grammatical accuracy. Don't we all do this from time to time?

Anyway, while I listened this release I realized something. Actually, when I mentioned that the release met my expectations, my thoughts were on the musical genre and sound, but I must say that I am totally surprised with way of unusual combine of techno and trance. I dont know how to explain, but this album not sound like everyday tech trance music. Please, I will use free expression again, but this sound for me like "Fat Minimal". Not usual tech trance with heavy beats and lot of background elements and from other side not usual minimal techno with ball beat and crackling groove. This kind of style was much preferred the nineties, if you agree with me. Something like old industrial. Beltram, Garnier, Ambion Lights, Aphex Twin, Mark Brom, Leftfield kind of music style, which was the best for me. And I can say that still it is. Somehow that style was the most "honest" music I ever heard at indoor parties. Natural bassdrum, natural hat, born from 909 machine. sharp raid hat with leading role in beat. When it comes like „technoquake“ start under my feets. Especially on that part of tracks. Of course, this album exudes with lot of background hall effects, fat distorted but deep leads and sounds that simulates factory atmosphere covered by metal effect vocal here and there. Easy flow but not that slow :) Few occasions I even had the impression that the signal from the mobile phone interfere with the song, but then I realized that it was actually another good harmonised effects.

I noticed that the tracks duration is not usually. Heheh again, like in old good experimetal times. Why I, actually, support a long track duration? Well on the first place it is very DJ friendly and that is the most important thing with this kind of music. For home listening is also good. I mean, you don't buy CDs that you don't like, right? In case you get bored with, you can track shortening, etc, etc... but all in all, as for me, it looks powerfull when you have a monster length written next to the track name on CD!!!

Long story short, this is a must have one hell of good album. All heavy beats lovers and DJs its your turn now!

Lara

Awesome! Thanks for hooking me up on this.

This album is all that Techno was ever meant to be, it's filled with pure Techno to the gills, it's equipped with everything I've ever asked from Techno, it basically is the fucking embodiment of Techno. Screw the clubby cleanliness of your haughty Minimal crap, screw your fancy clubs and sparkling wine. This is nothing but Techno to the bone, everything else is useless trumpery. Oh yeah!