Parties & Drugs

Guest poke-1-kenobi

Hey.

Here in Denmark the party venues does in general not tolerate drugs.

Some places you get thrown out for smoking or rolling a joint.

Other places the guards dont even care if you are sitting with a bag full of capsules.

The thing is, there are drugs present in our enviroment, aswell as in the clubbing and disco scene.

But in Denmark we do not have field laboratories that can check the drug users drugs at venues, its by law that it isnt allowed.

I´m thinking of the scene in Holland, were you can get your XTC or other drugs checked at parties. This is done for reducing the amount of death falls by drugs, even thou its not very high, concidered when you think of death related with alcohol.

Its usaly bad drugs that causes death, or drugs sold as something else.

Last summer we had 6 deaths caused by PMA pills, that were sold as XTC.

We all known that XTC contain in most cases more than MDMA, and some times none. This could may have been prevented if we were allowed to have field labratories.

I dont known if you have noticed that our goverment has changed ?

They are trying to close down the hash sales at Christiania ( i gues you heard about the place) And it will be hard to try to change that law.

I´ve recently started a union for electronic culture, mainly to hold parties, both for the public and for memebers only. In the later run i would like to astablish alot of things, and one of them is to get in dialog with the danish goverment, about field labratories.

I belive it would be better for drug consumers to have them present.

And people have done drugs since theve been here, so why not reduce death among other things ? The goverment usaly uses progaganda about death releated to drug consuming so why not do something that could change the situation besides miss guided information ?

Here are 3 things i think field labratories can do for benifit of everybody.

1-they reduce death

2-they force some dealers to not sell bad drugs, because people can check up on them.

3-if the information about what kind of drugs, and what was in them was writting down, it would be a help for the police to see what is being put in the drugs, and what drugs mostly are consumed.

So my question is what arguments were used in Holland, when the goverment aproved field labratories ?

Because the main argument against it here is:

"When people can get their drugs tested, they feel save to consume them, that would cause a new breed of consumers."

I do understand the argument, but i´m wondering if anyone had anything to tell about what happend in Holland, or other places if there are any other that have field labratories ?

Also it would be nice to known if the consumer rating went up.

There was recently made a research among danish discotheks, and 30% were using drugs, i guess its 60-70% at the parties we like (this is just a wild guess) So i would say that we could use field labratories, for control of what drugs are being taking, for the safety of the users that will eat them anyway, and offcause to decreese death.

poke

Guest PuuhaMees

I went to see a seminar about the dutch drug policy. They have a booklet called "dutch drug policy FAQ". I am sure u can get it from the dutch embassy in your country.

From what i understand the stands on Raves where you could check your XTC dissapeared for a while (the reasons for this i don't know...well obviously people against this policy) ...and now there seem to be ideas again to set them up once more... (lets hope!!)

The MAIN reasons at the time it all started were (please add or make comments if i'm wrong here)

-people would be more aware of taking drugs (realise what they take.. freely translated)

-to avoid that real POISON would get in the hands of the drug-user (like you say -> substances like PMA and MDB)

From what i've heard the places outside of Parties where XTC (or other type of Chemical drugs) could be tested are not operational anymore at the moment...

Plans to set them up once more are there though..

Maybe its an idea to get in contact with Unity (email=unity@euronet.nl) ..they are doing a lot for educating the drug-users and they would be more then happy to help you out on your mission!

Great idea man...keep it up!!!!

and please mail me if i can be of any help for you...

i'll correct myself: i just called Jellinek clinique...they still do testing (every thursday from 15.30-19.30 ;)

The testing-stands on parties are indeed not operational at the moment...there is a project going though...some sort of driving Testing facility which visits parties randomly in Holland.

The people against it caused all the commotion ofcourse (argument has got lots to do with the fact they think if you let people test it...you would say something like...oh hey..go and take it if its good quality...and the argument that people shouldn't do pills AT ALL)

thanks to UNITY for the info on Jellinek ;)

Guest [tom jaimz]

Authorities generally claim that testing stands are parties cannot test for all possible harmful ingredients. This is true, as it requires a fully equiped chemical laboratory and a good amount of time to test for all possible harmful ingredients in a pill.

As a result it is generally believed by the likes of promoters, police, council authorities that testing stands are a bad idea. The feared scenario is that some kid gets a pill tested, it comes out clean, and the kid dies. Such a scenario could lead to everyone in a nine mile radius having law suits thrown at them, or something.

It's still possible in a lot of countries to buy your own testing kits, and if you can't buy them in stores you should be able to get them via the internet [http://www.eztest.com]. But personally I don't trust these either.

Kids, understand this. There are moral narcotics producers and there are immoral narcotics producers. Some people give a @!#$ about their product, and always make it clean and nice, and some people are out only to make as much cash as possible, and will cut their pills with any old @!#$ and will substitute budget ingredients when they can't get the real stuff. Now, the immoral drug producers aren't going to be phased by some little 20 dollar testing kit. They will find ways around this and they will still manage to produce a product that clears the test.

Say know to drugs.

Thanks Puhaames

I´ll contact the ambasy later today.

And thanks Jelle, those people i would defently like to get in contact with,

i need all the help i can get, this is a future project from my point of view, but i need to gather information and experinces from relaible sources.

@tom jainz

Well yes field labratories cannot test the drugs 100%

It takes hours to make a perfect result, i´ve experinced being hold back for quite many hours (5) by the swedish customs because my friend had brought 20G of ephedra with him. (witch btw. is fully legal in all of EU)

They hold us back because their testing kid showed that is was methamphetamine, because... metamphtamine, and ephadre has a simular molocule somewhere.

field test can never be 100% safe, but it gives apretty good clue, from what i´ve experimented with testing kids, they sometimes show colours that is not on the chart of drugs. (some has a colour scheme witch by you can detimine witch drugs are in it) But i dont think a regular testing kid wouldn´t give soem sort of clue that its not pure, maybe it cannot say what exactly is in it, but it cand efently say if there is a risk.

And for testing kids you buy from the internet, i´ve experinced at a illegal party once, that one of tyhe arrangers had brought one, one dealer got his XTC tested, and it showed that it was pure MDMA, that caused that he get overfused, and had sold out in about half an hour...

Offcause i dont want to do the test for dealers, but for the consuemers !

And i have an idea that people that buys bad drugs, and find out, probaly would diss their dealer and find a relaiable one instead..

Guest Elysium Project

Well what I have heard from Holland is that people get a false sense of security from those field tests.... which in my mind is even worse....at least when people do not know what's in the drugs there's a chance that they will think before they take the drugs.... If the think that all is ok because the have tested the drugs then I am afraid that the field testing has failed it's purpose.

Yes Elysium that wouldnt be nice.

My thing is to find out what the real facts are first, before i´ll start the dialog with the goverment.

But my point is that i want inform the consumers what they are consuming, and give them miss guided information.. thats what i want to prevent.

here in Australia and Im sure the rest of the FREE world, you can buy for $20 aus, about $40us an xtacy tester kit. Its quite usefull, is quick and easy to use. I suggest anyone that is buying from a stranger should use this as well as getting from friends, although that is usually better as they have already used it and give their opinion on the pill that you are getting.

Guest Slidingtrancer

The false hopes people get from tests are that drugtaking is not hazardous. You have to know what you are taking and be aware of your inner state b4 you should... I see 2 many people completely off this world in Holland for no reason but taking the drugs. Feel the spirituality in the music first and don't take drugs because it 'belongs' with the music... it doesnt. Drugs is chemically made substances to get certain effects in your consciousness, not stuff to play around with daily. Don't get me wrong, I;m not against people taking drugs or anything, just against the general notion people should take it BECAUSE its a rave/party.

The stands do offer a good way to show people who never took any drugs what is what.... too bad not a lot of people want to get educated about it and treat it like a glass of beer and swallow it down.....

Guest Mescalinium

Some friends of mine and myself are involved with the aforementioned organization called Dancesafe (www.dancesafe.org), a self-proclaimed "harm reduction" group. While we do test pills at parties, there is a lot more involved. We set up tables at parties (be them raves, psy parties, or other music-oriented events), distribute literature/pamphlets containing information on various chemicals including positive/negative effects; dosing; pricing; etc. In addition to testing pills on-site, we also compile lists of pills cited or reported in the area and whether they tested positive for a variety of substances.

While EP brings up a good point about the reliability of pill testing kits, I believe they certainly do more good than bad. In my experience, the most dangerous drug substituted for MDMA is PMA, one which most kits can easily test for. Additionally, using on-site testing in conjunction with compiled lists of previously tested pills can determine the content of the vast majority of the drugs in question.

Check it out:

www.dancesafe.org

Guest Mescalinium

Some friends of mine and myself are involved with the aforementioned organization called Dancesafe (www.dancesafe.org), a self-proclaimed "harm reduction" group. While we do test pills at parties, there is a lot more involved. We set up tables at parties (be them raves, psy parties, or other music-oriented events), distribute literature/pamphlets containing information on various chemicals including positive/negative effects; dosing; pricing; etc. In addition to testing pills on-site, we also compile lists of pills cited or reported in the area and whether they tested positive for a variety of substances.

While EP brings up a good point about the reliability of pill testing kits, I believe they certainly do more good than bad. In my experience, the most dangerous drug substituted for MDMA is PMA, one which most kits can easily test for. Additionally, using on-site testing in conjunction with compiled lists of previously tested pills can determine the content of the vast majority of the drugs in question.

Check it out:

www.dancesafe.org

Guest Mescalinium

Check it out:

www.dancesafe.org

Guest Mescalinium

Check it out:

www.dancesafe.org

Guest Mescalinium

Check it out:

www.dancesafe.org

@Mescalinium

Can we get together sometime on IRC and do some talk, your work is VERY good ! alot of people here in dk visit your site. Alot from other countries i asume, but i could need some facts about field testing kits, and well, you do have experiences with it, both good and bad. lets talk

poke