Capsula - 40 Years to Woodstock

Capsula

on August 15th, 40 years ago the famous summer of love (1969) reached its peak with the historic Woodstock Festival. For four days 500,000 people gathered for a mass-scale social experience of music and psychedelics. I know because I saw it last night on the history channel (Woodstock documentary film). Inspired by the 60s spirit I decided to try to remix something from that magical time. 10 hours later (no sleep!) I have two bits to share with you. The first is a remix of a track from the rock musical Hair which was based on that particular summer. And the second is a remix of King Crimson-Moonchild a song which I think in general is about the flower childs/hippies/beatniks.

The tracks are so far from being finished, but after such a long night and before going to sleep I just want to post this and say "thank you hippies of the 60s" I salute you.

So here are links to the remixes, as I said, its raw, unmastered,unfinished sketches but you can get the idea from a quick listening...

Hair! – Hashish (capsula remix)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AV7SZBT8

King Crimson – Moonchild (capsula remix)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WGKVGB2X

Going to sleep now

adios

Hey Capsula is back! =)

I was waiting for something new! I really enjoyed your album.

a little feedback on the tracks you uploaded:

hair:

Nicely laid out chilled out vibe!

the samples coming in at 0.48 sound a little out of place. They don't fit well with the rest of the track, which is nice and relaxing. The same goes for the voices coming in at 1.47 in my opinion. The trumpet on the other hand i really do like. Nice sound and fits well with the atmosphere. The synth coming in at 3.38 could be a little lower in volume and some more tweaked with the pitchbend. It is a little too normal :P

overall a nice sounding tune that is well produced!

Good to hear some new stuff!

the other track i ll listen to later.

Hey cool feedback there, im on it! i know i have alot of work on both of the tracks and they are pretty far from being finished. i will post download links as soon as i finish them..

its good to be back, i was basicly off music making for a couple of years, focusing on my Ph.D in chemistry and pharmacology. now that im in the 'safe' part of the degree (most of research is done+papers published) i can shift my focus back to music, hooray!!