Bakrupted labels

But TIP World is not runned by the same people as TIP. I think its just Raja Ram who was involved in the old TIP.. I met one of the old founders, Ian, in the Himalayas and from what I understand from him, TIP World is basically a new label having just about nothing to do with the old one.

But you never know :P

peace

Guest Dr. Krelm

AFAIK, Novatekk just licensed the AP album from an Israeli label for European (or just German?) release. The album was also released by Transient and Trust in Trance/Phonokol (or whichever label did the Israel release). So there were at least 3 different labels releasing the same album worldwide, just distributing to different regions. I doubt Novatekk made all that much on the album...definitely not enough to make up for 15 or 20 other albums that probably sold next to nothing. They just released waaaay too much stuff on their main label and all the various sublabels to really be able to sustain a constant business in the current sales environment.

Plus their management supposedly left a lot to be desired. That will kill even the most successful of labels.

Guest ukiro

Matsuri didn't go bankrupt, they just decided to stop releasing music. It was originally intended to be a temporary hiatus but I guess by now we could call it permanent. It's been five years...

High Society was shut down since label manager Peter Huber attracted a serious disease and cwas forced to stop working. He now lives in the UK and worked with X-Dream on the track "Peters Hoover" from their Irritant album.

I've heard from _many_ reliable sources that Novatekk was handled very poorly, especially in terms of promoting their own products.

Dragonfly is very much still around, but from what I've heard it's not the same company (in the legal sense) as it was 93-97. I've been told it's just Darren using that name now, not a legit company. But thats all hearsay, so don't take my word for it.

Other dead labels include Symbiosis (now THERE wasa good label!), POF, BTM and Tokyo Tekno Tribe (short-lived, but one of my all-time favourites).

Guest ukiro

psyfi: good question! Kavator was never something Richard Ahlberg lived from, it was more of a hobby. So, as such, it may resurface if he finds the time and interest. I doubt we'll see that happen anytime soon though. Look for Stoneage Records and Schlabbaduerst Rekkords for Ahlberg-esque releases instead.

Guest psyfi

thanks for the tips, ukiro. that örebro freak factory release on stonage definately rocks big time!

and looking at the kavator rec hq, it was quite obvious that mr ahlberg could not make a living of it:

kavhqsummer.jpg

kavhqwinter.jpg

well, let's hope for some new releases soon!