Liquid Crystal Vision?

Guest koolaid

Yes what quazzi said. It's awesome! Brilliant music & lotsa good visuals. The only part that annoys me is the annoying lady protesting about something... Too noisy for me so I always skip her ;-)

Maybe you were watching the video for the interviews lemmiwinks, whereas I was just watching it for the music & visuals? With the short interviews of people being a bonus! ("You are nature? Are you not nature?")

I've got a few mates who aren't into any psy, but say the video is one of the coolest they've ever seen (on a widescreen with a phat soundsystem after a few doobies of course!).

Guest Victor

LCVision...... very interesting, very psychedelic, makes you think! Could have done with a tad more beats. Why is there only one track on the bonus track???

well IMO this could be watched in 2 ways: 1. for the music and visuals and 2. for the information given on the psy scene and stuff that is linked to it.

Now I found the concept failed in both aspects:

1. for the music... definately not enough CGIs and the interviews ruined the flow of the music

2. for the information... like I said, they just took random clips from interviews without making it go anywhere

and yes, I agree that the part on protesting was a bit too far-off.

But I've only seen it once, maybe it's the kind of stuff that grows on you...

SMI²LE

Guest Quazzi

"and yes, I agree that the part on protesting was a bit too far-off."

The women is talking about the total restructuring of the society in wich we live in. Very important stuff. Don't you guys try to learn anything from it? You only see it as a bunch of psychedelic visuals, sounds and some random interviews, but your missing the point. The main issue here is the words of wisdom said by the sadhus, Goa Gil, Raja Ram amongst others and try to enlighten us. I've seen the movie about five times, and each it makes more and more sensible inside. That's the all point of it.

Guest koolaid

Yes, no I do love the interviews & now with repeated watching I've gained a lot from it. Although some of the stuff Raja Ram says is a bit kookoo, but the way he says it is great ;-) I will watch it again when I haven't been smoking lots, but to me that's been half the point. And under those circumstances I haven't been arsed listening to some screaming protestor...

What other good psy video's are there? Anyone seen these :-

Vision Quest perhaps:

http://www.vision34.de/japan/preview_picture.htm

Twemo (when it finally comes out)

http://www.twemo.com/

How do they compare?

"The main issue here is the words of wisdom said by the sadhus, Goa Gil, Raja Ram amongst others and try to enlighten us. "

THAT'S WHY I WAS DISSAPOINTED!!! The movie doesn't seem to "communicate" some deep message, just random bits of information, some interesting, some not, but like I said, it laks structure IMHO...

SMI²LE

But but... while she's raving there's a focus on an article saying "Partying in the streets as Canabis is legalized" and then there's a big flag with "Stop the cannabis prohibition"... But IMO she's too fucked up to know what she's raving about...

SMI²LE