soul-seek

Guest serotonot

No. My problem is that stupid ppl download albums rather than buying those, though artists don't even make a living from music making thanks to assholes like you!

PLEASE DON'T KILL PSYTRANCE WITH YOUR STUPIDITY!!!!

Guest Quazzi

Oh, you like downloading ripped psytrance hey?! Well, try download this:

.!.

Right click, save target as: into your ass.

:-PPPP

Guest dam10n

i've been having big problems going to my record shop. they keep asking me for money when i try and walk off with a load of music. is anyone else having the same problems

Guest Olivier

-To Serotonot and all people who are against downloading!!

You're wrong cause PsyTrance has already dead ! The Only way to preserve this music is to share between us what we have before this music disapear entirely!!

That's the only way to find some old good stuff which are not released anymore. Finally, u have to know that's the only manner for many many people to get Psytrance cause in many countries it's almost impossible to find what you want in shops!!Many people couldn't know about Goa music without Mp3s! Parties would be empty!!

So, nowadays, we have the choice: - We condamn mp3s and downloading and we reserve Trance-Goa for the lucky people who can find Cds to buy; this music will become a kind of closed circle reserved to an old elite!

- We open this music to everyone, we give a new youthness to this movment acceptin downloading as a way to promote it!

Olivier,

Guest Olivier

You're wrong cause PsyTrance has already dead ! The Only way to preserve this music is to share between us what we have before this music disapear entirely!!

That's the only way to find some old good stuff which are not released anymore. Finally, u have to know that's the only manner for many many people to get Psytrance cause in many countries it's almost impossible to find what you want in shops!!Many people couldn't know about Goa music without Mp3s! Parties would be empty!!

So, nowadays, we have the choice: - We condamn mp3s and downloading and we reserve Trance-Goa for the lucky people who can find Cds to buy; this music will become a kind of closed circle reserved to an old elite!

- We open this music to everyone, we give a new youthness to this movment acceptin downloading as a way to promote it!

Olivier,

Guest Full Lotus

First you had the DAT traders, and since the advent of mp3, the mp3 traders. Now mp3 reared it's head around 1997/98, about the time psy-trance was at it's peak in terms of shifting units. So we've had about 5 years or so of mp3 and sales going down. Go figure.....

Guest Olivier

So, nowadays, we have the choice: - We condamn mp3s and downloading and we reserve Trance-Goa for the lucky people who can find Cds to buy; this music will so become a kind of closed circle reserved to an old elite!

Olivier,

Guest Dr. Krelm

Eh....if people were only downloading "old good stuff which are not released anymore", there would be no problem. If people were only downloading old deleted titles that you can't buy anymore, I don't think people would be complaining. But that isn't the case. Much (if not most) of the mp3 trading that goes on is on stuff that is still readily available for sale, and often stuff that is soon to be released (because some asshole with a promo is untrustworthy).

If you want to download the first Pleiadians album, the Muses Rapt album, the earliest X-Dream albums, or anything else rare that you can't buy in the shops anymore, be my guest. I don't think you are hurting anybody. But if you can still buy it from Psyshop, Saikosounds, your local store, or any of the other *countless* places that you can buy this music from, just spend the damn money!

Psytrance isn't exactly difficult or overly expensive to get ahold of. It costs less than a high-speed internet connection.

Long story short...if you download, at least buy what you like. mp3s can be a useful preview tool, but unfortunately most people do not use it as such. The people that download and never buy way outnumber the people that download and buy what they like.

I am not against downloading. I am against downloading as a replacement for buying.

And please clarify how "psytrance is dead". I just don't see it.

Guest Setsuko

psytrance is dead ... only low-budget drugheads say things like that . man , the variety in psytrance is enormous ... in the past psycho music sounded very similar ( lots of 303 using and a kickbass - that's what they call oldschool ) now we can listen to as much styles and hybrids of psy as we want ...

for our own satisfaction , aren't we lucky :-)

about MP3-pirating ... well again , that's for low-budget selfish drugheads .

end of discussion (or perhaps not ... )

Guest Woggz

eh fuck that. MANY finnish acts can't get out of finland without mp3s. How would I of ever heard of any finnish acts besides for texas faggot living in new york? Ever go to house of trance? or sorry it's homo trance now... honestly i never find what i want there...can't b uy it even if i want to.

remember music is knowledge it's not a physyical being. it's transcended physical form.

there was always dat traders like said beofre, and didn't goa originally come from ebm that was copied to tape?:o....

:o... i like mp3s :-) it openes me up to many toons i woulda never heard before... :o