Stop posting things from eBay!

Guest cubensis

Please, you are driving up the prices! There are people who search everyday for things because they are crazy, and it is very heartbreaking to find a link to such an item posted here....the people who want it really bad will already find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Guest spacemonkey

next thing you gonna say is that only secret handshake snakepeople can buy it?

pffffffffffffffffff>free trading market place..................

Guest cubensis

If you're the seller, no problem, post it. If you are not the seller, why would you post it here? Are you going to tell me that you want to inform your friends who may want that particular album? That's bullshit....if they really want it that bad, let them search eBay for it everyday. There are plenty of people who DO search eBay every day for items they want, because they want it realllyyyy bad.

How would you feel if there was an album you searched for everyday for the last 6 months, and then it is finally up there on ebay, and someone (not the seller) posts about it here? If you had limited funds, you probably wouldn't feel very good about it....

>next thing you gonna say is that only secret

>handshake snakepeople can buy it?

>

>pffffffffffffffffff>free trading market place.............

Please spare me your drama. Ebay is no damned secret, any shmoe can search eBay. See above.

>dumb comment

Do you care to say something constructive?

C

Guest danvapid

sure cubensis,

first of all, i dont see why this is so much of a problem for you...i've only seen a few posts for ebay auctions in the last year...how many ridiculous waste-of-space blabber posts fill up our forums?! a lot more than simple informative posts about albums for sale...And what's wrong with someone posting an auction that is not theirs? I doubt any reasonable person would constantly be searching Ebay for a rare album they couldn't buy in stores, such as Hux Flux-Cryptic crunch, because they would be WASTING THEIR TIME...what's wrong w/ helping out our fellow mates and alerting them to a hard-to-find album, and saving them some time? Of course every rare album wouldn't be posted - probably more wouldn't be than would - and if you happen to find the album on your own, good for you! But I don't see what's wrong with the price being driven up for a valuable album- it's simple economics my friend. If the demand is there, the price will rise accordingly...and if you REALLY want the album that bad, you'd be willing to pay a large sum for it.. Basically your argument is that you dont want people posting rare albums so you might be able to get that album you want at an unrealistically low price...but that's not the way things work my friend...economics, economics, economics

Guest mastah

This section is called:

General - General discussions about Psytrance.

so don't spam with ebay adds here...

simple, huh?

I totally agree with Cubensis!! I search ebay every day, so I really hate it when people are posting it here. I have missed many items because of that:(

Pk

Guest cubensis

>I doubt any reasonable person would constantly be

>searching Ebay for a rare album they couldn't buy in stores

Well, you are wrong!!!!! There are many people who do. Next time you post something from eBay, just think about how you are screwing us....

>But I don't see what's wrong with the price being driven

>up for a valuable album- it's simple economics my friend.

>If the demand is there, the price will rise accordingly...

>and if you REALLY want the album that bad, you'd be

>willing to pay a large sum for it

Are you kidding me?

You can tell me about supply and demand all you want. I'm quite aware of how economics works. My point is that there are people who actively search for these things...the people who REALLY want it. I've noticed that items that get posted here have a really rapid price escalation in comparison with those not posted here (for the same albums I mean). This is a desirable outcome if you are the seller, but not if you are a potential buyer. So by posting ebay things in forums, you are essentially denying some of those who want it really bad, because not everyone can afford to pay $70 for an album. This is more than simple economics. And please, spare me the BS about "secret" stuff. Ebay is open to all.

And, again, I ask, IF YOU ARE NOT SELLING THE ITEM, WHY WOULD YOU POST IT HERE? You say you want to let your friends know? If someone really wants something that bad, they should be looking for it themselves...it is not that time consuming.

C

Guest danvapid

your argument is basically a very selfish one, cubensis, and ignores the broad picture...if someone is willing to pay more than you to buy a rare album then they obviously want it MORE than you...basically you're saying that people posting Ebay auctions on psynews forums might ruin your PERSONAL strategy of finding the rare albums you want to buy - but is that fair for the people who want the albums just as much but use a DIFFERENT strategy for finding those albums, such as waiting for an auction or sale to be posted somewhere like a forum or mailinglist? basically you want to manipulate the forum rules to accomodate your personal gain, at the expense of free and fair access to information for other psy-trance lovers

I mostly agree with Dan. E bay is a marketplace and therefore it is MONEY driven. I know it sucks because I personaly buy on E bay, but that's the way it is. If you have enough money to pay the market price you get the CD/vinyl if you don't, you don't get it. I'd love to have opportunity to pay less for many releases I bought @ $40-$60 and more but those are the rules of the game.

Having said that, you don't have a right to attack me or anyone else for sharing PUBLIC information. Just because you spend a lot of time on e bay doesn't mean that you want those releases more than someone else who by the way may be willing to pay more than you do.

I don't think this is spam either. I have seen many people asking where to find Etnica-Jiggeling Alchemists album. I found it and decided to share that information which was VALUABLE to those that were ASKING about it.

Guest .:::EP

I hope that you'll have to pay way more than what the album's worth cubensis.... Damn you're a selfish brat !!!!

An auction is an auction and the best price offered win !!!

The auctions are not made solely so you alone can get your music as cheap as possible !!! It's a public auction and if someone want to post about it here then it's ok.... Nothing illegal about it !

What is next? That no one will be allowed to post about new releases or other informative stuff?

Is it only going to be about those very very boring topics "what band is the best", "my top 10" and so on ??????

Think before you write !

Guest rx7style

Please refrain from direct insults and/or name calling. Not only is it needless, immature, and senseless, but it's not what anyone wants on this forum. I will close this thread if it continues.

i bet it does suck if you search smth on ebay every day for months and finally find it and then along comes a brad that posts the link here and suddenly you have to compete with many people to get the item you want.. for the seller this is very good ofcourse.. and if you want the album really bad I guess you will pay what you have to to get it..

Guest Dr. Krelm

I can understand the frustration about items being posted here *if* it was actually driving up the prices, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Of the 4 auctions I have seen posted on this forum lately, none of them have seemed to sell for that high. Some of them for way less than I would expect.

Koxbox - Dragon Tales - final price was €21.50. I would expect it to go for 40 USD, at least. That one is so hard to find, especially on vinyl.

Etnica - Juggling Alchemists - final price 11.50 GBP (about €16 or 17)!!!!!!! That is amazingly cheap for such a rare album! I could easily see that go for 50-100 USD

TIP 001 - €30.50 final price. No more expensive than I would expect it to sell for normally

Old X-Dream record on Tunnel - €8.50 final price. Definitely not astronomically high.

I am not trying to attack you, but I just don't see auctions being posted on this board (at least lately) affecting the prices so much. These 4 items all were here and none of them were that expensive in the final price....nothing even close to $70. I have sold some old rare psytrance vinyl on ebay for $40-100, and have seen things sell for more (and I have been regularly searching this stuff on ebay for 3+ years). The prices of the the ones posted here don't seem to be any higher than I would expect (actually lower).

I have a couple old rarities I plan to sell on ebay when I have the time (Hallucinogen Angelic Particles 12" and Juno Reactor Transmissions LP) and would certainly hope nobody would have a problem with me posting the auctions here, or with somebody else posting it elsewhere. As a seller, I want to see the prices be more than €10-20.

Guest psyfi

hey, dr krelm, are you still living in germany (leipzig, wasn't it?)? will you sell them on ebay.de? what'S your ebay name?

"TIP 001 - €30.50 final price. No more expensive than I would expect it to sell for normally" wow, i got that for around eur 15 last year...

Guest Dr. Krelm

Yep, I am still in Leipzig...it is sort of a permanent deal now that my wife is just beginning a diplome program. :)

My ebay name is just "krelm". I am not sure if I will sell them on ebay.de or ebay.com...it probably depends on when I have time to do it. If I do it soon, it will probably be on ebay.com as I will be visiting the states for a couple weeks in May and can ship from there or Leipzig, depending on which is cheaper for the buyer.

And where did you find that TIP001 for €15??? Dangit. :)

On a side note, I ran across the original MWNN "Teleport" single on Dragonfly from 1994 earlier this evening for a few euros. I am not the sort of collector that will pay loads of money for old vinyl, but I don't mind running across the occasional chance find.

Guest psyfi

And where did you find that TIP001 for €15??? Dangit. :)

pure chance i suppose!

as I will be visiting the states for a couple weeks in May and can ship from there or Leipzig, depending on which is cheaper for the buyer.

that was actually what i wanted to know because shipping costs for vinyl can get quite high from usa to germany.

damn it, last months i "forgot" tp bid for the kumba mela ep on matsuri rec and for the etnica debute ep. i was watching those items but i realized too late that the time was over damn it. those are real collector'S items and they were only around eur 15-17 again! and i missed twisted rec 001. for only 10,50 FUCK! (sorry for swearing)!

btw: how is your german going?

Guest cubensis

I'm quite aware that I was being selfish...but so what? Are you telling me you have never done anything selfish? My friend, you would be dead if you hadn't.

And, just FYI, it is forbidden in many forums to post links to eBay.

And I still think that what I said was quite rational. Posting links to eBay is like an unintentional punishment for the person who wants the item the most. The person who wants it the most is the one who regularly searches for it, not the person who is willing to pay the most. Wanting something really bad can make you willing to pay more, but ultimately the person with the most MONEY will pay the most, right?

For example, let's say I want a Porsche 911 Turbo really bad.....but I cannot afford it. If a multi-millionare who has no actual interest in speed purchases this item just because he can, would you say he wanted it more than I did? Of course not! By that reasoning you would have to say that an unemployed person who just became homeless doesn't really want anything!

I am not asking for such posting to be "illegal". I am well aware that info about auctions on eBay is not priveleged. I am just asking that you think before you post...