my 1st tsunami experience.

Guest goastomp

When i heard that Talamasca was coming to New York i knew i had to go. financially strapped for cash my fiance and i took our last $150 and headed out for the event. The Venue that they've been bragging about for the last few months suddenly decided to drop the insurance so the event was moved. We were lucky because a friend of ours let us know about the venue change. it cost us about 54 dollars for the both of us. when we arrived there was a lot of different events going on , hip hop and some weird fetish party. The email they sent said it was going to be on the top 2 floors...well that wasn't so. What we walked into was an undecorated room with a lot of flashy lights and no black lights...the sound was all bass and the goa vibe was absent. I contemplated leaving but again, I was here to see Talamasca.

As the night progressed and after many complaints they finally turned the bright lights down and worked on the sound. by the time Space Cat took the decks the party was transformed into a banging party. For about an hour things were picking up and i finally felt good about the night, then something happened...right before Talamasca was about to go on about 5 security guards shut down the party and began cursing and shouting at everyone. As we headed out into the streets we were told to go to the after party to see Talamasca, and not to worry, this party was going to be saved. An hour later we arrived at the venue and we stood outside for about an hour and a half. Finally they opened the door and said it was 10 to get in, at this point we only had enough to get home, I already paid 27 dollars to see Talamasca, this is why I am here. Well I'm sad to say i never got to see Talamasca, and from comments i heard from the other psy people is that this is pretty typical for Tsunami Parties on America. I used to go to Synthetic Sadhus but unfortunately Gilles has given up on throwing parties in America ... his parties were brilliant. Im not saying it was all Tsunami's fault but if your gonna charge 25 to 30 dollars for an event and promise big acts you should live up to that promise.

Guest Beasti

tsunami is the scoundrel of the NY psy /goa scene. They are nothing less than common crooks and have perfected their bait and switch method to a science. This Talamasca party or(non-Talamasca ) to be exact is their new all time low and shamful string of party disorganization . For the record ,i will never attend another tsunami events and neither should any of you. Unless you like to have your promised party venue switched at the last minute , party ending at 430 instead of the promised 630 , 430 for %&% shake ,damn;and your promised artist not playing at all . NEither talamasca nor Atomic Pulse played . And the balls to tell me to pay extra later to see talamasca when i already fork over money for it . Next time people should cut J's balls off and stuff them in his mouth to see if he will lie again. I think only space Cat played ,but i am not there for him even though i like him . This is not the first time nor second time that tsunami has done this .This has been their modus operandi for a while now . They do not deserve any support and has no right to exist to further steal money from kids who knows no better and bring bad karma to the good people of the PSy Goa scene. This by far was the worse party i have ever attended . Why does something bad always happens with tSunami ? Not because of all the lame and BS excuse that Jeg tells you ,no,its because it is design that way .To get your money and shit on you . I call on people world wide to say NO War ,No Tsunami!!!!!!

except for the short spacecat set this fiasco was almost as bad as their halloween party. on the other hand

they were screwed by the estate closing...

sadly, the regular closing time for shelter is 4am every friday so the promoter must have known about it before :(

Guest Dr. Cheroot

wow. that sucks. i had heard a lot about how tsunami sucks, but this one takes the cake.

:(

i wonder how they have survived this long. i guess gilles was smart.

Guest Beasti

right ,ofcourse they know it closes on 4am .Yet they didnt tell anyone before hand. again To quote myself "They are nothing less than common crooks and have perfected their bait and switch method to a science" and " it is design that way .To get your money and shit on you"

for those of you who went to the after party, yo uwould know that talamasca played a three hour set .. which, for most of us, was the best set ever ..

he played only new music it seemed, and no one was humanly able to mov eafter that set ..

it was definitely the best ive ever seen any dj play in my life .. and what pounding music ..

i know it wasnt a tsunami party, so i will not disagree with the posts here, but dont say anything about cedric - he played like agod later ..

Guest Andrew

y'all should have considered going to the imnitribe party instead... word to the wise: tsunami might have the big names on the ticket, but i can't remember the last time they all played, and all went according to plan. other crews (spectra, omnitribe, etc) always deliver. btw, i heard one of their acts - dj bim - spin in boston 2 days before his nyc appearance, and he was worth trekking out for.

Guest omnitribe

Subscribe: omnitribe-news-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

next big thing for the trance world is the party upstate NY on June 14th.

will have ANTI, BIM, NOMA, S>RANGE, SILENT SPHERE, DUTCH, PENTA, GAVIN, FXMIKE, SH.I.K.I.D, JOHNNY MARQUISE MANY MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED....

History:::::: Omni Tribe started summer 2001, with free open-air parties by the bay here in Brooklyn and free parties by the Washington Bridge. Keeping the underground vibe, we did many commercial events at warehouses around the city, private lofts and NYC clubs (Limelight, Speeed/Shelter, Mundo). Invited artists such as Bitmonx, Mahasuka (www.savetodisc.de), LLopis, Emok (www.iboga-records.dk), Factor-D, Pena (www.flow-records.com), Son Kite, Peter Didjital (www.mpdqx.com), Anix (www.cyberculture.co.nz/manta.html), SBK/Tarsis, Sangeet (www.spiritzone.de), Noma, Human Blue (www.spiraltrax.com), Mino (www.transonic.dk), Caribace (www.ycrop.com/events/caribace.html); Haldolium, Timetech, Buzz; DJ Bim (midijum-records.de)

Guest goastomp

I really wanted to go to the after party, those assholes at Tsunami have no idea how to throw down a party, we threw down a house party last month in Bristol Pennsylvania and had great deco, good sound, and housed about 60 people. tsunami had one banner across the dj booth (that said Tsunami), and a cheesy cloth hanging in front of the dj booth with a projector...and lots of bright , flashy distracting lights... i had a headache after the 1st hour. i would def like to thank everyone for their support, they were trying to talk us into staying for the after party, some even offered money, but in the end we came up short. I hope one day I'll get to see Talamasca, maybe at a Synthetic Sadhus when Gilles finally realizes that 500 people is plenty for a banging party. peace.

Guest psy druid

i warned you all!!!!! looks like another tsunami classic, i went to gaian mind in phili, awsome little party, very much recommended!!!

Guest Infinite Sun

Goastomp: if your in Bristol please send me an email, you'll thank yourself after. I went to Omni-tribe this weekend. It was the logical choice, these are good guys who keep throwing parties despite the huge mess. Onnomon's live set was kicking. He gave me a cd awhile back which is fresh and unique and i love it more now that i heard him live on a full sound system. Bim played well, his mixes were solid and the music flowed.

As for JEG, he can go lick himself. Be on the lookout for empty apologies. and worthless make-ups.

Guest SpinKittin

So I am the Infamous fiance of Goastomp9 and there is nothing that I could say to agree with him more...This So-called party was the worst piece of shit that I have ever had the misfortune of attending...at one point I was considering leaving and going back to gaian mind....atleast they know how to decorate!....The thing that kills me the most about the whole thing is that in the email that they sent out telling everyone that there was a venue change ( which was extreamly dissapointing for me because I was really looking forward to going to estate b/c i had never been there ) it said that there was going to be a discount on the event at the door for the inconvienience....Well let me tell you something JOHN EMANUEL YOU STUPID ASS!!!!!! If you are going to discount an event you should make it cheaper than you sell the tickets for....To let you all know they were selling the tickets at 611 records in philly for 25 bucks .... And JOHN decided to make the "discounted" price at the door 27 dollars...the only reason that we didnt go get the tickets is because we were afraid that they wouldnt discount a ticket b/c it says no refunds discounts or exchanges directly on the ticket and we knew that they werent gonna go and hand us cash back to make up for the difference. I am never... and I mean never going to attend another tsunami event for the rest of my life and I am going to make sure the rest of the world knows no to go to their events either unless they wanna be ripped off...I saved up all my cash to go and see Talamasca and I didnt even get to see them...So JOHN EMANUEL ( the owner of Tsunami ) If you dont want to loose the american fans of psy-trance/goa trance, and you would like us to continue spending large amounts of money than you better figure a way to make this up to us....Cause trust me one voice can go very far and can do a whole lot of damage to your little shit hole so- called parties....HEY GILLES !!!!! THROW A REUNION PARTY AND SHOW THEM HOW ITS REALLY DONE!!!! LONG LIVE SYNTHETIC SADHUS!!!!!!!!

Guest chuvak

psy druid i was at gaian mind's party too

it was awesome i think it was one of the best parties gaian mind has had in the last 4-5 months

where u from by the way?

Guest jonathan

I think its your own fault.

Everyone I spoke with told me that the after party was one of the best parties they have ever been to.

You were standing outside of the after party venue with people who would of made sure that you got in. I highly doubt that if you wanted to see Talamasca that bad you would have passed up on that opportunity. Shit happens sometimes and parties get closed down. You can either make the best of it next time or you can run to the internet to bitch about it.

Thats just the nature of the psytrance scene. Get used to it. I can't even tell you how many parties I've been to that were shut down earlier then they were supposed to. You think it never happened to Synthetic Sadhus? Their artists didn't always show up exactly as planned either. So what, it happens.

Guest Beasti

NO . Jonathan try to pay some attention here.The point here is Tsunami.The money paid was for the Party ,not the After Paty. Whether the after party is good or not is irrelevant here.When shit happens over and over again as in Tsunami's case its called swindleing . And believe me Jonathan that is not "the nature of the psytrance scene" as you stated. The good people of the Psy goa scene will never get used to abuse by a dishonest promoter like Tsunami . We will speak up when abuse by scoundrel like Tsunami . But perhaps it is you who likes the shit that Tsunami is putting out and you who like to "get used to it" . So When this "shit " happens again i know you will be like the good little masochist that you are and take the shit in your face as "it happens" . I expect you to not write and not "run to the internet to bitch about it. '' I expect you to eat Tsunami's shit and say Yum ,Yum.

Guest goastomp

I really wasn't planning on attending the after party. I was looking to get out of the city by 7, instead I stood outside "the club" for about an hour and a half ... then found out that the after party was going to cost us each 10 bucks. Well, we had like 15 between the 3 of us, and we were freezing and frustrated. How was I supposed to know Talamasca would play anyway?? The whole night was a complete disappointment ... and as far as Synthetic Sadhus, I saw logic bomb in may of 2001, and have attended every Synthetic Sadhus since ... and they were all absolutely amazing!

As far as Gaian Mind, this was the 1st Gaian Mind I've missed in about a year, looking back i wish i went there, but i was fooled into thinking i would actually get to see Talamasca...what was I thinking???

Guest keith

I went to the tsumani party that was supposed to have parasense, and I had one of the most uncomfortable experiences ever. it was not a place for psytrance. and goastomp, was the bristol party you were talking about the am-psy party? if so, that was a nice little party, thanks for the fun niight.

peace,

keith

Guest binaryprayer

i have never had a good experience at a tsunami event. with the exception of the liberty science center party, but that doesn't count cuz i was a naive crack head raver back then.

too bad y'all aren't here in australia.....talamasca put down a 3 hours set at the rainbow serpent festival in january.....plus anti, kode IV, space tribe,pied piper, loopus in fabula, bitmonx, and on and on and on.....all in the beautiful bush under a southern summer sky.

synthetic sadhus threw some great parties but i don't miss new york at all. but i do miss boston, philly and asheville.

love binaryprayer

Guest binaryprayer

i have never had a good experience at a tsunami event. with the exception of the liberty science center party, but that doesn't count cuz i was a naive crack head raver back then.

too bad y'all aren't here in australia.....talamasca put down a 3 hours set at the rainbow serpent festival in january.....plus anti, kode IV, space tribe,pied piper, loopus in fabula, bitmonx, and on and on and on.....all in the beautiful bush under a southern summer sky.

synthetic sadhus threw some great parties but i don't miss new york at all. but i do miss boston, philly and asheville.

love binaryprayer