Most Recent track- help with EQ and filters?

What can you guys hear that's bad on this? I've been trying my best to properly manage filters and volume levels. My bass and kick total -6db with the kick at -8db and the bass around -10db. My synth leads are all around -6db with the filter cut off ranging from 400hz to 1.5khz with a cut around 8000 to leave room for the hi pass noise. All criticism welcome! Thanks in advance for your help.

http://media.putfile.com/122BPM

http://media.putfile.com/Interstellar-Comm...n-In-Progress-2

On the first one:

I'd say you're good EQ-wise. I think the white noise is a little too high, but I also think it's used too much/too often. You could either: 1) lower the level; or 2) keep the level the same but reduce the amount that sound is used. I might also suggest putting a bandpass filter on the white noise and modulating that. Otherwise, it's a good song. I do, however, think that the first few minutes could REALLY use an awesome lead melody.

On the second one, I think most or all of the leads are a bit too high. It's kind of difficult to explain without a time counter to describe when the sounds come in. But I'll leave it at saying that most of the leads are too high (but not WAY too high, just a little too high). Especially when they have longer notes. Bring the level down when the notes are longer, bring it back up a bit when the notes are shorter.

Thanks for the advice. I get the same feeling about that white noise, I'll get on changing that and try a bandpass filter. The song originally was supposed to be solely comprised of me making as many weird sounds on the synth as fast as I could without having to stop, so that's what came out with me just playing around. I'll go ahead and program another melody closer to the beginning. I'll lower a few of the filters on the second song, is there any way I could use automation to cure the volume problem with the shorter notes, or will I have to just bring up the volume manually?

I'll lower a few of the filters on the second song, is there any way I could use automation to cure the volume problem with the shorter notes, or will I have to just bring up the volume manually?

I don't know that you need to touch any filters, just the volume. And by all means make it easy on yourself by using automation, that's why it was invented!

I also changed the beginning melody I put in since it was crap. Put something a little more interesting in that a friend wrote and that I made a more interesting sound for(I think).