X-Dream

I just saw X-dream live in san francisco last night. They played mostly stuffs from the new album.

It was very disapointing. Boring monotonous techno. Very litlle variation, no melodies.Not that i like melodic stuffs, but a bunch of raw noises on top of a baseline doesn't do it for me. I guess what bothered me the most is that the evry track keeps the same elements for a couple of minutes or so, then a break and then the same thing again. I have seen many live performances, but this was surely one of the worst. I'm sure some people will like it, but i just wanted to warn the others that would get all excited to see them(as i did myself) and then go home disapointed. Of course the production is good, but once again not my style.

Waiting for your comments if you saw them live lately.

BeN

Guest asshopper

hey, man... im from sf too, i didnt go last night, um, guess i didnt like their live set when they played in 550 last time (like maybe two years ago?)... they just play their hit tracks one after the other one... so, i bet it wasnt exciting at all last night huh? sorry to hear that... but im ready for Son Kite on 25th :) see you!

i saw them in los angeles last night and I really liked it. It was vey techno-y, but still with lots of atmosphere and nice pads etc... and a hUGE beat! booooooooooom!!!

and they only played one old song, psychomachine (my favurite xdream song, hehehe)

So I guess if you are into the X-Dream of the old Tunnel days, you might not like this new stuff, but it is a logical progression from radio, and i really enjoyed it.