1. Water Sensation (Magic Of The Sun Mix) - PHILTER

2. Roborhythmix - LIGHTSPHERE

3. This Is The Love - DAY.DIN

4. Maximiser - LUMBARGO

5. Smooth Sexual - NECMI

6. Ostara - ATSARA

7. Vision - FEUERHAKE, ANALOG PUSSY

8. Your Life - PSYKO MANTIS

PROMOTIONAL "BLURB" FOR THE ALBUM: Waldfreakquenz 2 is a collection of 8 tracks from 8 artists released on 08.08.08. Waldfrieden Events follow up release to their succesful Waldfreakquenz compilation is this time around compiled by resident Djanes a lice D and D Joanna, giving this summers compi a fresh female, psychedelic taste. alice D Joanna is a fusion of the two Waldfrieden residents whom founded their back to back project together in 2004.They both started mixing around the same time, between 2000-2001, playing at parties all around Germany including main floor bookings at Antaris Project and Wonderland . These popular girls have also played plenty of gigs in other countries Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Columbia, Peru and Egypt. Known at the parties they play for the fun that they have together behind the decks and transfering their energy to the dance floor, a lice D and D Joanna are also both big dance floor visitors themselves. Waldfreakquenz 2 is a selection of tracks handpicked and tested by the girls, including tracks from other Waldfrieden residents Psyko Mantis and Philter , fused together with progressive trance favourites Feuerhake, Day.Din and Necmi, as well as some psychedelic gems from up and coming talents Atsara, Lumbago and Lightsphere . Waldfreakquenz 2 will take you once again on a psychedelic trip through the Stemwede Forest just in time for this years Wonderland Festival .

Review

1) Water Sensation (magic of the sun mix) by Philter, an artist who made a nice little number I remember called 'Atribute' a couple of years back. This one begins with a nice steady overlay of sounds dropping right into the 4x4. quite a steady buid into a female lead vocal "feel the sunset" which acts a platform to increase the tracks tempo. now things start to pick up..

2) We roll right into Lightspheres 'Roborhythmix' =D You know when u come across a track which just makes you grin from ear to ear when the hook drops? well this is it. sublime track with good use of a vocorder as the robot asks you "can u feel the rhythm?", what will you answer? have a listen, jiggle & grin like a foo! :posford:

3) Last year Day.Din came out with his first album 'Speakers Corner' (one of my favorite psy-progressive albums of last year) and cemented his standing as one of germanys hottest progressive acts. 'This is the love' would have been near essential if not for the cheesy vocal part (maybe im being a bit to harsh) which, to be fair doesnt last for long. It would have been nice if vocal went totally loopy hypnotic instead of just poppy, but thats just my feeling.

4) Lumbargo up next with Maximizer. Straighten up ur backs (ok its not quite lumbago, but...) and get ready because the temp certainly picks up with this track. A little minimalist on the layers at the beginning but it finds its feet at 2.45 and begins to drop some pretty menacing sounds which could have lead to an anthemic all-out-hands-in-the-air sort of situation, but its good all the same.

5) As some of you may know Necmi has been around for a while now and has relaeased some good stuff on Tatsu and Nova tekk in the late 90s. Smooth Sexual doesnt really move like the previous offering by Lumbargo but concentrates on layers. And believe me, we got everything in this one! Electric guitars, f**ked up reverb'd samples all backed by a bouncy progressive rhythm.

6) Ostara by Atsara for me is a classic display of well engineered psy-progressive, good build of layers and tempo shifts. A little short for my liking at just under 6mins & for me this is definately a filler track, but, a very good filler at that.

7) Well well well this next track is by 2 uber cool artists. Feuerhake and Analog Pussy. Feuerhake is like as close as you can get to a true psyprogressive verteran still operating and co-producing damn fine tunes in the process.

This team up with AP is downright genuis and their love-child is beautiful. I cant stop listening to this track, its got this midi sound running thru it which just fits. perfectly! danko! :posford:

8) Psyko Mantis takes up the job of leading us out with this tight track. OK It uses a vocorder with a female voice reeling off a list of things including Ass, Tits, Shoesize, Ears, Knackers (im serious!!) :lol: and A better life from the comfort of your sofa (erm thats all i could remember). Pretty random but to be honest Psyko could've replaced it with his shopping list and it still would've worked. A solid ender to a equally solid offering from Waldfrieden Events.

Overall

The fact that they managed to get on one album some of the scenes heavyweights is testament to the quality of this release imo.

aside from one fairly so so track the overall album is a funky melodic journey thru the german psy-progessive sound circuit of today, a littel short at just under an hour play time but well worth your attention.

An excellent second release and a good job all round guise!

:clapping: :clapping: