Mexico

Guest Flying Kundalini

I'm thinking of travelling to Mexico sometime this year and need info on the best places to be at.. ie cheap living,good beaches,good parties,etc.. almost like Goa if possible? if such places exist that is.. a friend said that there are alot of hippies and travellers near a place called Playa de Carmen (??), which is usually a good indication of cost and parties etc.. any info would be gratefully received.

THX in advance..

FK~

oh yeah.. also when is the best times to go?

BomS

Guest Tentwins

Playa del Carmen is a very nice place with cristal clear Caribbean beaches.

The best time of the year would be in summer, but starting in spring the weather is sweet.

Guest Flying Kundalini

Thx guys.. but what about the cost of living over there..? I've heard It can be pretty expensive.. what kind of prices would I be looking at for food and accomodation?? Also the laws on drugs??

BomS

well, the cost depends on how is ur trip plan... i mean, u can live for a week with $15 dollars (even less if u work), but ull have to camp. otherwise, u can find high budget hotels and life style. its up to you.

i met lots of tourists that spend all their money (but their return tiket) and start selling fruit or things like that and they do for eating a while.

but one thing... u may not find any goa or psytrance or u may, its a question of luck, cuz the most of the prettiest beaches in mex are almost un urbanised.

if u r looking for nice places (hippie plan) u may visit:

maruata - michoacan

michigan/paraiso - guerrero

mazunte - oaxaca

chacahua lagoon

and many others...

about goa parties, tell me when r u coming and i may tell u (if I get to know) if there will be any.

oh...almost forgot.....the drugs law... yeah , u r not supposed to carry or use any kind of drug (like almost everywhere), but, if u r at the beach well, there will be no cops around for shure, so u can buy and do drugs as much as u can...but u know its allways wise to be very caerfull.

ok... im happy that people come to visit my country....good luck, and good trip ; ).

make sure that if you're in the Yucatan (which is where Playa is located) you take time inbetween beach sessions to see some of the amazing sacred sites (Chichen Itza, Tulum etc.) because they are mindblowing. Particularly if you have any interest in astronomy etc. - the Mayan's sure were a knowledgeable race.

bomble

"...time inbetween beach sessions to see some of the amazing sacred sites (Chichen Itza, Tulum etc.) because they are mindblowing"

this remembers me on a trip I had some years ago in tikal also a sacred site but it's in guatemala (not very far away from yucatan) inside the rain forest.

a french guy came around with some acid, we took it and spent the night on the top of one pyramide. oh man I had the most psychedelic experience ever just with the sounds of this little monkeys shouting as loud as monsters. it was a concert nobody can believe the intensity. Even with best psytrance I never got the same feeling...

Just a note out of my memories :-)

i travelled for a couple of month in mexico this summer, and i have to say playa del carmen sucks big time!! Unless you like lots of american tourist with kids.Its a city that is set up for tourist, and the prices are very high.Ok if you can find a party its probably worh it. The beach is nice though. Go to mazunte & tulum to chill out. For a cool place in the jungle go to Palenque(Chiapas), and see the ruins in the jungle, and while you are there stay at El Panchan, just south of the ruins, its a hippie village in the jungle where about 100 people live, and about 50 backpackers - you get the best mushrooms here :). Puerto Escondido(Oaxaca) is a great place too, great beaches, surfers and many drugs.

cosmos