Starcade - Karma Olympics

Otto Matta

I like it! I think the voice of the woman fits very well. The melodies are quite repetitive but you manage to make the track sound interesting for the whole length. It's very joyful indeed.

But I'm sorry if you won't like it, but every track I hear from you I compare to it Chandelier, and then they sound a bit less good. I think Chandelier is still your best track.

I don't really know what to say about the production, I don't know a thing about production... Only one thing: I hear some noises/scratches from the left side (they're at quite a low volume though). Has anyone else noticed? Or perhaps it's my headphone...

I like it! I think the voice of the woman fits very well. The melodies are quite repetitive but you manage to make the track sound interesting for the whole length. It's very joyful indeed.

But I'm sorry if you won't like it, but every track I hear from you I compare to it Chandelier, and then they sound a bit less good. I think Chandelier is still your best track.

I don't really know what to say about the production, I don't know a thing about production... Only one thing: I hear some noises/scratches from the left side (they're at quite a low volume though). Has anyone else noticed? Or perhaps it's my headphone...

Thanks for the input, GGT. Nah, if you like another track better, that's fine with me. At least I've written one that people like, and there's a lot to be said for that, I think. The "noises/scratches" are intentional, actually. I even named the sound "Scratch". It's an old electronica trick to provide a sort of used vinyl aesthetic. The way I've used it in this case, if you pay really close attention, is as a rhythmic element. I hope it's not too distracting.