abridged tracks vs. full tracks

Guest kingdok

I'm asking too many questions today...

When you're listening to psy trance in the mix, do you prefer to hear whole tracks (or at least a majority of the track) or do you like it when DJs rapidly mix 2-3 minute snippets to keep the mood changing?

I'm all for variety, but can't decide if more tracks in a mix is better than hearing the bulk of the constituent tracks. My attention span is such that I don't mind hearing almost all of any given track, since we're dealing with psy (which is complex) vs. techno (which is more simplistic.)

Feedback?

I prefer most of the track... I usually mix-in with groove parts in the start, and mix it out when the tracks done... unless the next tracks breaks, I need to break the previous track.

You can try to give my mixin' a listen: www.techno.dk/dj/mp3/1-127-raider-celestial_scoria.mp3 67,9MB (HIGH Quality)

I can't stand abridged tracks. Like, a track will come on that I totally love, then it fades into another track after two minutes. Frustrating as hell. :)

it depends on the track. if you think only part of the track is good and then it gets boring, abridge it. if the whole track is good, paly the whole track!

My view is that DJ's (they are quite many today) who mix after 2-3 minutes got no clue whatsoever what this music and scene is all about.... Trance mean to "get into a trance" and when you keep mixing then people wont be able to get into that trance....It has to be said that not much music today actually follow that guideline anymore....Today most music have way too many breaks and "fancy" build-ups :-) .It seem to me that the whole idea of the scene and music has been put aside for who's the most cool DJ that can get most girls. but hey that's just my view of the whole DJ situation at this point....I hope it will change soon so this scene will find it's roots again.......We can always hope :-)

Guest chroneus

I think it is not so bad. Well, 2 minutes is such small time, but IMHO there is no need to put track most time as it get.

>>It seem to me that the whole idea of the scene and music has been put aside for who's the most cool DJ that can get most girls.

I remember a good example for EP :-)) - Raja Rams Stash Bag.