cd players...........NB

yes ... mmm sounds very good the offer, but i'm not sure about gemini (one reason cause iv'e never used them before) but i'm VERY sure of pioneer ... cdj 100 are very good and the 500 too ... :))))

but if you would really make me choose i'd take the cdj-20 compact quality and not to expensive .. ..

but think again about pioneer

sorry if i make you unsure about buying ;)))

hèhè

Guest euphoriohm

haha

yeah, there are just soo many different ones to chose from it makes it difficult to come to a real descision, but thanks anyway.

ahhhhhhh, descisions descisions.....

don't buy any gemini cdj product. the play button has significant delay compared to the pioneer players. In fact, when it comes to it, never buy any gemini products period. their mixers are touchy, burn out easily, and have bad sliders. Sure they work fine for home use, but you'll never want to use gemini products as a professional. Go for the pioneer cdj-100s. only $299.99 US from www.123dj.com and they work perfectly, and havn't failed me. They are also the industry standard for cd turntables, so go straight for em.

Yawn, I have Gemini... think they're okay products, but I've have some problems with one of my XL-500 II turntables... but I'm very satisfied with my Gemini mixer!

Guest [tom jaimz]

Listen, you can go one of two ways.

The first way, is the "budget" way. This is when you go out and by Gemini, or Numark, or American DJ, or whatever budget brand you like, and you take it home happy that you have CD players. You play with these for a few months before something happens. Either a fault develops with the unit, or, more likely, you end up finally using a pair of Pioneers. It doesn't matter how long you've been using your "budget" unit, once you've used Pioneers, nothing else is really the same. So then you go out and buy a set of Pioneers. Then you're happy.

The second way is the One True Path. You go out, and you buy Pioneers. If you're working as a janitor at the local chemical factory and you're busy supporting five and a half kids, then you'll want Pioneer CDJ-100s, or else maybe Daddy owns four of the ten biggest oil companies, in which case, you'll want to go for the Pioneer CDJ-1000s. In either case, you want Pioneer, Pioneer, Pioneer.

If you get 100s, get a Pioneer mixer. If you get the 1000s, get either a Pioneer mixer, an Allen and Heath mixer, or a Redsound mixer.

This is how you do it. Don't buy any Gemini, Numark, or any other budget stuff UNLESS you -know- that you're not going to give a @!#$ about DJing in three months. If there's any chance you're gonna take this seriously, go Pioneer.

Unless you want vinyl, in which case replace every Pioneer reference above with Technics. Although Vestax do a good turntable.. :-)

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom Eris!

J.

yep, you see .0.. pioneer everywhere ... BUt ..... .

.........don't buy NO PIONEER MIXER's !!! they really arn't that good ... and they have "f***ed up sound's" when buying mixer's you should only choose between:

...... rodec :)

........ vestax :)

........ ecler :)

if these are to expensive it really doesn't matter what you buy, as long as you do not throw away money on a new one and buy second hand and keep improvig your budget untill you can buy one of these :))))

;)) ......

Guest phaeton

well because i'm not as rich as many of you seem to be, my entire mixing setup consists of gemini gear .. 2 turntables (pt1000), 2 cd players (cdj1200) and a mixer (ps525) ... only the mixer was bought new, the rest second hand .. i've had the turntables and mixer for over 2 years now and i never encountered any problems with them at all, except for the crossfader of the mixer getting a bit noisy once, but this was easily fixed with some electronics spray and usually happens to any mixer under $400 ..

i've only had the gemini cdj1200's for a short time so i can't really judge them yet but so far i think they're pretty cool, done some excellent mixes with them and haven't encountered any problems at all .. it's even cooler when you consider that i got two of 'm for the price of less than 1 pioneer cdj100 .. ;))

i do agree that technics and pioneers are probably the better choice when you have got the money and want to take them to parties and stuff .. but if you're buying your stuff just for practicing at home and making some demo mixes i'd go for gemini for sure :)

btw, those pioneer cdj1000's oh man they rock :)) i doubt anyone on this site can afford them though hehhe ;)

bom bom,

rik aka phaeton

I saw the new Numark, they are really good, but expensive: about 2000€!!!!!! for 1!!!!!!

But I think you better buy pionneers cdj 100 or 500. Look on e-bay or something, new they're to expensive but there the prices are nice. But be sure you can test them before you buy them.

cya

Guest euphoriohm

tom jaimz...well hey, what can i say? i guess pioneer is the only way eh? hehe

shot for all yer helpful input people, and oh yeah, i checked out www.123dj.com, pretty cool prices.....looks like im splitting my porcleain piggy today ¦ )

DO NOT ORDER FROM 123 DJ.COM!!!! THEY SELL FACTORY REFRUBRISHED ITEMS THAT ARE EXTREEEEEEEMLY LOW QUALITY!!!!! I bought a numark system from them it arrived broken and after 2 fuckin god damn months after filing a LAW suit they decieded to refund me. They gave me EVERY FUCKING EXCUSE IN THE BOOK!!! They are really not a respectable company!!! Just check them out on the BBB website!!! They have around 30 filed complaints!!!! www.bbb.org

if you don't know what the better business beruro is then now it's time to learn.... your a sucker if you order from 123dj.com/minimax electronics. How do you think they get their prices just a BIT lower than everyone else? They buy refubrished @!#$. They aren't authorised dealers... instead try www.djdepot.com THEY are authorised dealers and they have NO complaints filed with the BBB.

i've spoken