02. Liquid Rising (6:20)

03. Internal Activity (6:58)

04. Peace Through Inner Peace (5:57)

05. Inner Knowledge (9:06)

06. Angel (7:22)

07. Acid Logic (9:16)

08. Bhairavi Mahadev (9:16)

09. Atmospheric Tallz (8:04)

10. Space Fields (Feat. Amaan & Ayaan Ali Khan) (9:22)

Yay

Alright its probably not a good idea to start a review with a "Yay" but Iam really excited about this album. Excited because of recieving a CD with a stunning booklet or maybe even more excited because of the fact that India finally has its own psychedelic downbeat label to look forward to!!

"Dada Music" a venture by the "India Today Group" based in Delhi presents its first release "Internal Activities" crafted by multi talented musician and one of the label founders "Sattayananda". The album intends to elevate its listeners to a higher state of consciousness where body and soul unite. All sounds revolve around creating misty and lucid atmospheres ideal for soul surfing and window gazing. Teamed with excellent production and a stunning booklet of pictures depicting various Indian locations makes the album a steal!

Sattayananda chooses to start the meditative warp with a short and confusing "Intro Prayer" I expected to hear some random devnagri prayer, but instead I had to check my speaker connection till I realized the static rip, chopped and singled out beat followed by a mystic male voice were all a part of the track. A strange but unique start. Put this one on headphones and experience a sonic head massage.

"Liquid Rising" is a quite and gentle maze of sounds with multi dimensional layers of temple bells, a pagan vocal hum along with sequenced electronic blips that reminds me of "staring into the abyss by shulman". We float into the next track "Internal Activity" which is a deep vortex of distant murmurs teamed with synthetic twirls of acidic sounds.

"Peace through inner peace" shows the pinnacle of Sattayananda's creative genius, a minimal atmosphere scattered with strings and a funny baby gurgle somewhere in the middle. "Inner Knowledge" is a dark ambient piece with a very alien texture, a neat sci-fi soundtrack!

After taking the listeners on a somewhat darkish journey with the last 2 tracks we can see the sunrise once again with "Angel", a shamanic composition with flute and sitar sounds intertwined within an electronic dimension. "Acid Logic" is the first track on the album that shows us subtle signs of beats as the track progresses from a beatless void to a very uplifting ending.

"Bhairavi Mahadev" is one of my favourites on the disc, excellent percussion and intellegent use of processed male and female vocal chants fused into harmony makes this a sure winner!. "Atmospheric Tallz", the only track on the album with a steady beat is heady mix of tribal percussion and drone syths that pans ones senses in the most fluid way, another stellar composition!

The last track "Space Fields" as the name suggest is a vast and magical array of sounds that makes you float within the cosmos, featuring sitar compositions by the brothers Amaan and Ayaan Ali Khan who are one of India's finest classical music composers this one really leaves one senses spangled.

Its evident that "Nikhel Kumar Mahajan" has composed "Internal Activities" as an extention to his own soul, drawing inspiration from his travels across India we get a unique mix of classic and electronic that surpasses all cultural boundaries of the human mind and soul. With such a massive release "Dada Music" has definitely paved the way for psychedelic downbeat in India

8/10