I begin to enjoy minimal...

Guest lespagnol

...only alone in my bed. I hate minimal at partys , it kills the ambience and the good mood.But I like listening to x dream or quarz before sleeping . Oh yes even more than a good ambient cd .The depth of the bpm make me sleep hum hum hum hum hum hum....

Guest phaeton

well i personally think some bassy, spacy offbeat-focussed progressive psy like zerotonine, magnetrixx or prisoners of the sun is great for building up towards more full on stuff at a party, but i REALLY and i mean REALLY can't stand hearing gritty colourless tech-trance like most 3.turn, the delta or new x-dream in a psychedelic party environment ..

i might like it if it's played in some abandoned shed in an industrial area and mixed with other forms of harsh minimal techno, but the contrast with all the fluo backdrops and other psychedelic elements is just way too large for me to be able to enjoy it at a _psy_ party ..

but good to hear you're discovering some new musical flavours, it's what i'm trying to do all the time as well ;)

Why dont we all agree that MOST minimal isnt psychedelic trance?

Its a different genre. Even though not entirely.

Im one of the minimal "bashers" for the reason that its really STIFF and unpsychedelic music, and NO WAY you´re gonna convince me you´ve been tripping as hard to minimal compared to how I´ve been tripping to Hallucinogen or australian, finnish or swedish madness.

Despite that I´ve been tripping hard (but not maximal) to minimal for a couple of hours, but lets face it, minimal is a PART of trance, its not for a WHOLE party. It does what its supposed to do, play the 1st and 2nd chakra, it does NOT guide you through an entire party, thats just ridiculous, thats like going through the same part of a museum 8 times.

i meant "bright" as in welcome to new horizons. minimal will explore yuor dark side, if it hasn't done so already.

what got me into "minimal' was the redundancy of those full-on sounds which just somehow always managed to fit and unravel at that right moment. but then minimal goes beyond that. it's not about something cuming together and then all of the sudden making sense, it's about the complexities, which lead deeper and deeper into other complexities, and then voila, no answer at all, just madness

and no conclusion.... no hope and no real ultimate destiny.... just a thought of nothing to look forward to, just shit going worse and worse... which is how it really is, no matter how you look at it.

if that's somewhat(in a minute degree) how you see it, then proceed with minimal

i'd prefer to dance to finnish sounds when in the forest though... i like to have lots of sound around me and preferably lots of stuff going on...

but minimal (and progressive) is not ALL bad... even though i cant appreciate it as a whole style (personal taste), i still enjoy some tracks i hear every now and then...recently i heard masada(?) this guy is good, his chillout track -last in his album- shows he's a really good producer in general...

Guest --==1400MiLeS==--

Psychedelica=Hallucinogetic...so visually orientated...Emphasis on strange sounds, acid lines...

Minimal=Hypnotic experience...Emphasis on rhythm...

Two different worlds imo...Listen to the latest FSOL for something psychedelic...

Maximal baby..... all the way!! :)

Here and there I can appreciate a track that is not melodic like for example Oricalcum-The Egg, but that's one of the rare exceptions to the rule.

Trance without melody is like Rock'n'Roll without guitars...