This annoys the hell out of me

I like my BassStation Rack. I've had it for a few years, but it has a couple things that annoy the hell out of me. Things inherent in the design, not resulting from malfunctions (like the fact that the velocity knob has to be turned all the way off and touched just the right way otherwise it continuously transmits MIDI data. That's just something wrong with my particular unit.)

First off, and of foremost importance in my mind right now since it's what set off this bout of annoyance, is the fact that pulse width isn't controllable via MIDI. The thing doesn't have the greatest MIDI implementation period, but come on! :angry: Doesn't it seem kind of basic to have pusle width be controllable? I mean, it is continuously adjustable by turning the knob, but not via MIDI.

The second thing is also related to pulse width. The BassStation Rack has an LFO. The pulse width modulation can be set to the LFO. But the thing is, they're not the same LFO. Yes, this is correct. The main LFO which has adjustable speed, delay and shape is different from the LFO which modulates the pulse width. The pulse width LFO is not adjustable, it's speed and shape are internally set. What's ridiculous about this is that they put an entirely separate oscillator in the circuit in order to create a somewhat useless situation. Had the designers never heard of syncing LFOs to tempo? Actually, they had; I know this, because the main LFO can be synced to the MIDI clock. Why not the pulse width LFO?