Am I missing something?

Well, a few months ago I decided I wanted to start making Trance and Goa Trance. So, I've picked myself up KORG microKORG, Cubase SX3 and a USB Uno by M-Audio as well as that I have a Mac from 2003 or 2004. Anyways, my problem is I can't figure out how to record the sounds my Korg makes. I can record the notes with no problem, but I can't actually record the sound that the Korg is making. Is there any other equipment I need? I was thinking maybe I would need an external sound module instead of useing what's built into my Mac. It's probably something very obvious that is right in front of my face but I'm a noob so I can't see it :P . Thanks in advance for the help.

Do you have a soundcard with the audio in :)

There are ways to record like

You could score the midi on your host Daw, which is Cubase in your case. Send midi signals to your outboard equipment which is Korg Microkorg and from Korgs line out will come out the sound signals which will go in to your soundcard and into an audio channel of your Daw. So you have two tracks one midi one audio. You send midi messages and receive audio signals.

Or

You can play live and send the signals directly but then fine editing will be quite hard(audio editing) and playing electronic music at high bpms are quite hard unless you re very very mechanisized or want off signature playing or lets say live feel :)

Usb uno is for sending those midi messages

If you have a line in on your mac you can record with your equipment, though onboard soundcards dynamic range is quite limited and the result may not do justice to your Korg.

Which mac are you using :)

605712[/snapback]

Right now I'm running a G4, OSX version 10.3.9. I do not have a line in on my mac. So, if I understand you corectly, I need more than just my Uno to record my Korg, right? Thanks alot :) .