Worst live Act

i just came from a party where logic, psysex, noma, astrix and talamasca played, and all played GREAT expect ASTRIX

ASTRIX´s live act sux......he doesnt even enjoy playing........he doesnt move.......it seems he even doesnt like hes own music!!!!

Astrix is definatly the worst live act ive seen.......and ive seen dozens

Astrix....if u read this......cmon man.........move alittle bit...make good remixes.......dont play ur damn cd out of the box!!!!!!!!!!!! ...........................

...make ur act interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest andrejcid

maybe he had a headache or stomachache or his knails on his feet hurt him...:)or he wasn't in a mood so don't judge him by your first impression.i've seen him in different light

peace

Hey "Astriz", what was the name of this party? and where was it? Sounds like a massive line-up for just a party....Sounds too good to be true even.

Oh and by the way, Astrix completely blew the dancefloor away the last time i heard him play.

the party was near mexico city.....in puebla

and it was named "tierra magica"

and its the 2nd time ive seen astrix and both times he played with his feet.......just bad.....no emotion.......seems he doesnt like un mexicans

btw.......cosma and psysex were the highlights............both live acts were just incredible......................

i dont know the worst live act i had seen... but that party (tierra magica) is definitely the worst i had been in on my life !!!! i dont know (not really.. i mean i really know) whats happenin but mexico once was a great place to parties but now it really sucks! this ones cant be called "parties" anymore... i really miss some good parties that maybe someones can remeber... that ones from koxbox and gms finaly the 2000 year were definitely the high points of the parties here in mexico... if i were astrix i wouldnt play very entusiast neither....

Guest ZeLengen

btw.......cosma and psysex were the highlights............both live acts were just incredible......................

Thanks for sharing that. They're playing next weekend in Belgium and I didn't manage to get hold of a ticket. Damn, damn ... damn.

Guest bugbread

So far, I've been most disappointed with Loopus in Fabula. Of course, there are artists that I DISLIKE that have put on worse shows, but I don't remember them. Loopus played great music, and really looked like they were having fun dancing. And that's it. I don't think they touched an instrument the whole time. They just looked at the computer screen a lot and danced.

It must be that 60 minutes nightmare by yumade in a dance festival in greece the previous year..

Almost every five minutes they did mistakes by completely missing the beat or insert sounds on wrong timing.. Music cut 4 times. Only their last track played full without any technical or sound errors.. Too bad for the france duo..

if you want to see the artist dancing around maybe you should be watching some dancers and firetwirlers...or a "live" act that plays off DAT.

if the artist isnt moving round much and only playin there equipment maybe that means they are actually doing live Sequencing and Tweaking etc...

this is why you have lights and other visuals at parties and the DJs and Live PAs display the music.

Difficult question that.

I always find it difficult to judge a live act. I mean what criteria do you use ?

For me personally a bad live act is one which is played from DAT/CD which unfortunately many people seem to do (not metioning any names of course).

Then again I can also understand the problems of taking an act out of the studio to play live.... but that still IMO doesn't excuse people for charging like 2000USD for putting on a CD or DAT.

saw alien project in london about a month ago. was without a doubt the worst live act i've ever seen. the set was cut every 6 min with these long gaps of cheezy spacy sounds and then he would start a new track, on and on for the whole set , he did the same thing. no build up whatsover.

Guest Mr.Hanky

Tomek,

your criteria is a bit wrong imo,

because most live acts either play from a dat or a CD - or they play one long Wave or several waves mixed from the computer.

so either way,it doesn't matter that much if the playback is played from the cd or the pc.

people tend to give the laptop or the pc more credit, but basically its the same playback as the Cd,

unless the artist tweaks stuff live on the computer(which they usually don't because of fear of crashing or playback stopping).

i would say what would matter is how the live act handels other equipment live such as synths and such and try to innovate over the usual "man leaning on the mixer knobs".

Mr. Hanky

Agreed.

Absolutely true but not all the way. There are artists out there who actually make more of an effort than that for example Son Kite, Ticon or ourselves Bigwigs. When we play live we are actually sequencing from a laptop but only midi. we have 2 samplers running together with synth etc etc. Actually almost 30 tracks running live. Can get a bit tricky sometimes but atleast it means that 3 people have something to do for 1,5 hours.

Atleast then I know (or atleast I think so) that people who came to see us are getting what they paid for. And as a musician I definately feel more fullfilled too

I just don't always understand how people can call it a live act if they just have a stereo out playing. It should be a P.A. rather than a live act IMO

Aaron

I'm not totally sure the organisers said that they didn't sell any tickets on pre-sale and that was the reason they gave us.

Unfortunatley they made this decision a few days before the gig so it was very unprofesional of them.

Guest Mr.Hanky

Well it is insulting indeed when lots of acts just hook a stereo output and indeed,it should be called a live PA.

There are so many artists out there working like that,including lots of BIG names(some don't even push the ON button on some of the synths).

anyway Tomek dude, that sounds like quite an interesting (if very challenging) Live set-up

looking forward to catch you or the digital structure crew live...

Definately challenging but great fun when everything works. Also it gives us the chance to play 'differently' everytime to a certain extent and improvise a little

And very satisfying as a musician too......

Guest psy druid

heard bamboo forest in greece this summer, brilliant tunes but all they did was wonder around behind the electronics looking bored and wishing they were still in bed. if i was thrashing out my tunes with thousands going nuts i would be able to resist a smile at least!