Mind to help a newbie?

Guest Sarchas

Hi people.

I have read a lot of stuff over these forums and i've learnt a lot yet. But still i have some doubts. One of them is about old school and new school.

Ok, i got the picture about the diference, but i'd like examples.

Can you guys give me examples of new and old school psytrance?

i would really really appreciate.

THX!

Guest --==MiLeS==--

Old skool = Melodic spiritual stuff, loatsa references to India, hallucinogetics LSD, Salvia, emphasising the visual side, colors...1994-1997

New skool - Heavy influenced by the techno scene, XTC-Cocaine, emphasing the hypnotic side of trance, repetitive and monotone, Clean and Sober...1999-2002

Old skool must hear: Hallucinogen-Twisted, Pleiadians-IFO, Doof-Lets Turn On, GNotR-RockBitchMaffia, Astral Projection-Trust in Trance III

New skool must hear: X-DReam-Radio, Delta-Send in, Son Kite-PErspectives of...,Cosma-Simplicity, Atmos-Headcleaner...

But I am not an avid new skool or minimal fan so others may have better suggestions..

old school is a lot easier to define than new school. old school is melodic stuff like astral projection, mfg and pleiadians.

new school is difficult to define because psy-trance has branched into different sub-styles.. these are the three main sub-styles imo:

full-on style like gms and alien project

minimal style like son kite, beat bizarre and reefer decree

tech-trance style such as the new x-dream, wizzy noise and the delta

.. but there are lots of artists that can't be put in a single category, but have qualities from these different sub-styles.

okay that's what i think.