Bad news for Bad people ...

Bad news for bad people : I've checked Apache .htaccess files, and it works ! So we can ban any IP we want to access the WHOLE site, till the version 2, which will need authentification from users who will want to put reviews.

You should aslo try to post a review at the reviews section ... happy ??? ;o)

You know what to do now ... we will FINALLY have nice reviews posted !!! Not garbage anymore !!!!!!

Guest DJ Mijis

Children please dont bann me but some of the "bad" reviews of 1200 are true , and those "bad" people does not want "good" people to waist their money.

Anyway i think its a good idea to put passwords in the review section , but sometimes those "good" persons are not objective at all .

BTW : The most part of the people who reviewed 1200 mics are anonimous because they dled the whole album at soulseek but that doesn`t mean their review was not objective .

Yes some are true sometimes, but some are offensive, some don't have anything to do with the review, some are insults ... these ones are going to be removed and might forbid any further access to their author ... that's the aim of this new system (before waiting a nicer one (with PHP sessions) on the next version of the site) :-)

About "Anonymous" posts, I think people should not hide themselves behind an anonymous or fake nickname ... people who do so often don't want other visitors to know they wrote the review ...

I also don't have this album yet, found it on the net, but that doesn't mean I won' t buy it ... so I think this reason is not a good one ... who cares if you dload MP3s on the net ? You are free to do what you want, and buy it after having heard it or not ... of course, if you want to support the group, you have to buy it, but it's up to you ...

Ok now is this a review?:

"Los Angeles based label Kagdila is proud to announce the debut album from DROIDLOCK, main project of Damien Vergnaud (aka Dj Dhya). The Cd edition of « High-Phonics » features ten exclusive tracks including collaborations together with some of the greatest producers from the European trance scene, including Paps, Stpr, Joti Sidhu (Psychaos), Dino Psaras (Cydonia), Serge Souque (The Antidote, Total Eclipse), Dj Péa (Snug and a Bug, Yumade) ! I'll give it 8/10 !!! "

No I can find one damn word of review here, but hey it's a label that's trying to promote it and you posted it there even though it does NOT fit description of your rules set before that there should be noting but reviews posted in that section.

Don't get me wrong I'm also very annoyed by inaproppriate posts in review section but how come labels are getting away with it and other 'ordinary' people are not???

.....and yes it's one of YOU people that runs this site that posted that so called review since it's the first one there.

So is it going to be the same rules for all or double standars like now? What's it gonna be Children???

i dont know... seems too child for me... yes... its true some people (and we are not speaking of a few) since a few months ago had been takin this media to have fun by insulting. i really never take it seriously, but now i noticed that for you means more . well the first point it makes me think its why some people begun with this conduct? it wasnt always this way. Why? the people suddenly turn into some group of idiots.. no.. i think it is due the number of users had been coming up in an amazing way.... i dont know maybe i cant explain it better... its like the mp3 dk think... i mean this page open to a lot of people the doors to something complety new... and it wasnt psytrance... it was THE WAY WE COULD INTERACT IN A MUSIC GENRE (CALLED PSYTRANCE IN THIS WAY). there are a lot of other psytrance pages, or psychedelic, or whatever... but look! i bet you are the absolute champions in the number of users, i bet you win even all they together. I listen this... i want something new... the solution? go to psynews . i dont know if this record is good... the answer... psynews.org... hey ATMOS is coming to my country next weekend (EVERY coountry!) i know from psynews.org, but i dont know how he looks, i will not recognize him, the answer... well look his picture you know where. i think the succes of this site is because its the one that has so many handled information and its updated every day. i mean ... i dont enter here for the design, i mean have you entered to 3dvision page? it makes look this one like like stone age but anyway y entered to 3dvision once and im not gonna make it again until the next year or who knows. the point is the information of this page doesnt come from other source that the people outside, ANYONE (doesnt need to have a face). and the thing you are doing now its a very very big mistake, because the main think you will cause restricting the enter, its not avoid bad words (comon) its to avoid all the people to say whatever they want to say and avoid many, many very good reviews. i look this like this way... psytrance is a very good soccer game, this site is a big big stadium and all of us are of course the fans... ok maybe very near you is another fan who likes the other team... hes free to say any fuck about my team... why not?? he says something to me..... who gives a fuck??? i mean you the owners of the stadium are trying to put a refeere into the grads... comon... "if i dont like what you say you will be banned forever".... do you think is better to see the stadium empty and "following the good manners". we are not kids... all of us can ignore any insult... anyway i think this thing youre doing is a very very very big mistake, because this is a great site and for me the main reason is because is able to all of us to give and take. last thing... to children, or mars or whoever: i know you made a format for this page a long ago, but now the way the things where initialy planed is lost wanted or not... and nothing, nothing even restricting all, will make this site comeback to something it was once.... and comon... this is the best site i had ever been, the very day of today, dont change it please..

Guest --==1400MiLeS==--

What will happen with the thousands of old reviews, children?

Will the site start from scratch on or will they be archived and accesible?

Guest bugbread

All I can say is:

Yay!!!

Yayyay!!!!!

Now we just have to pare the bad reviews that already exist. I'm willing to work on it (don't worry, Hach, R2D2, I'm relatively conservative about editting, and I wouldn't take out a review because it's anonymous or negative, just if it's useless or shite). Children / Mars, wanna assign me a letter of the alphabet to start working on? I can just edit the source file and send you back the HTML file, so all you have to do is plug and replace.

I can also do a "sample" edit so you can determine if you can trust my editting abilities.

Hi :-)

Indeed any help would be great :-)

Bugbread : You can start with albums for example, "1" and "A" letter :-)

But remember people always post reviews, which means you have few time to edit & send the file before another review is posted on the release, particularly 1200 Mics album which has just been posted on the site ... not that easy :-)

Anyway, thx a lot for your proposition !

Other guys who are interested in helping for making this reviews section cleaner can send a mail to my mailbox :-)

Guest Mrrshan

I think it would be a good thing if there were some instructions about how to write a decent review right beside the review form. It might lessen badly written or useless reviews.

I don't think so, as people have to write 400 characters in the first review :-) Hard to make a bad review with 400 characters, and, as you know, people are now identified -> won't risk to post stupid messages ...

All this is a test, but I think it should work fine ... wait & see ;-)

Guest Bugbread

Children: 1200 Mics should be in your inbox.

Just for reference (I only mailed to Children, but Mars should probably be clear, too), I'm not volunteering to be perpetual current review moderator or anything (not with THAT amount of reviews ^_^) but just to edit the reviews that have been posted up till now: pare out the old fights / one-word reviews / gibberish posts. You know, just to neaten things up so the new login reviews don't sit on top of an old pile of dung. Once I've cleaned up reviews posted before the login system, it's up to the login system to keep them somewhat neat until version 2 rolls around.

Regarding banning IP addresses. I dont think it is common for internet users to have a static IP address. Such an address would mean the user is logging on with the same IP address each time.

It is more common for internet users to have dynamic IP addressing. This means that the ISP will assign an IP address to the user each time they log on, from a large range of IP addresses the ISP owns.

Therefore in order to ban a dynamic IP user, you would have to ban a range of IP addresses and possibly in the process ban other peaceful users of this site who have the same ISP.

Please correct me if I am wrong......

Guest Elysium Project

In many countries many people use a static IP address. And as more and more "surfers" start to use ADSL ect. they also start to have a static IP address. Yes of course there still are many people with dynamic addresses and it is therefore quite difficault to bann them but at least we can get rid of the spammers with the static addresses.

Guest stringtheory

If it means banning the entire IP Group, too bad. This site has been progressively going to shit over the last couple of months because of childish ridiculousness. If innocent people are banned because of the actions of someone else on the ISP, then too bad. They can complain to their ISP about the actions of the person(s) causing problems. And then can contact the site owners and ask to have the BAN lifted. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech or any gradiouse theories of law and order. This is about respect. People can post whatever they want. People can say whatever they want. All that is being asked, is that people do not make personal attacks on other people, and that they don't post bullshit reviews and hateful and racist posts. I don't see how that is so fucking hard. Really is not rocket science. All that is being asked if for people to show some semblance of respect for the site and the people who visit it.

• 2 weeks later...