Infected parties

I'm just curious to know what people on this site think of Infected Mushroom parties... IM is comming into my area pretty soon and I'm not too sure I want to go.

... I've looked on their site of some of the photos taken at their parties, and the decor is pathetic... the vibe i get from every one of their pics is COMMERCIAL RAVE blah blah worship the almighty Artist

I like IM allot, they are unique in sound

but i can't decide if i should go.

I also have 2 friends who've never been to a "goa party" they've heard my music and like it and i'd like their first party to be a good experience... Do you think i should go and take my friends along? What are your impressions of IM parties? How is the decor how's the vibe?

decor has nothing to do with IM, tht's the crew organising the party...

IM as much as they are moving direction and some don't like they are

brilliant live..crystal clear....and shouldn't be missed.... and their latest stuff which i assume they will play would be ideal for newcomers...

you have a perfect experience to bring em in with a club gig not so hard pounding psy, without a bunch of crazy speaker huggers going wild to freak em out...sometimes a bush party is a little overwhelming for some...and never return...break em in with infected and then show em an outdoor party

and then they may see the beauty of outdoor experience over an indoor.

Guest Ciotera

I've only been to one.. About a month ago in New York City. The venue changed at the last minute from a very spacious club to a very small club with no air-conditioning. They oversold the tickets and you couldn't even move inside. So a lot of things went wrong, but obviously it was the organizer's fault. Still I had a blast, even though me and my friends were probably the only people there who weren't on acid. A lot of wild Israelis. Very nice vibe despite being overcrowded. Didn't actually see them perform, I felt lucky to find a speaker under a fan and chilled there for most of the night. They played their new stuff and it was pretty good.. I recognized very few of the tracks even though I try to follow them. Not much "live" element to it.. but then I cannot imagine music of that complexity performed live.. well, I can imagine it, but I wouldn't expect to see it often..

It was the first goa party for my friends as well. I think they had fun. Infected are a great way to introduce someone to psytrance. At least that's how I got hooked. Well, them and Shpongle.. but I have lost all hope of seeing Shpongle live.

Guest marcella

saw IM once in aclub near LA (tehy were meant to play a few months before in the desert but that party was busted cuz a ranger shot some party goers...) - regretted the club location, desert would ve been better, but in spite of teh location: THEY WERE MINDBLOWING. Pure energy. Magic.

Guest Jonathan

I have seen the Mushies 3 times the past year in America. First I saw them in Miami, at the Winter Music Confrence and they were pretty good, it was a DJ set (for maybe 50 people) and they put on 5 or 6 new tracks of theirs. A couple of classics like Symphonatic (they always play this), Psycho ,lots of BP Empire, and also some other peoples tracks like Cosma, Astrix, etc

I saw them 2 days later in Toronto and they played Live (mostly BP Empire stuff) and 2 DJ sets which were somewhat weak.

Last month they played in NY and I got to see them again. This time they were amazing, their upcoming CD will be really really good. They played their new Barry Sakharof stuff and it kicked ass.

Parties were kind of scarce when I lived in Austin, If Infected Mushroom were coming anywhere close to me I would check them out. There is a great vibe in Austin.

as mk-11 said, the decor has nothing to do with the artist, but with the crew that is organizing the party. so IM are only responsible for the music :)

i saw them live twice. both this year. the first time they played a lot of new stuff, very hard dancefloor music, many buildups etc. only at some points i was able to recognize some of their songs, but only fractals. it was great and i liked it a lot. some psy-newb friends of mine came along and enjoyed it too. the second time it was completely different. it was almost like they had put their albums in the cd player. i knew every song, and most were only little different from the original version. it was not bad but for me it was more music to sit there and listen to, not something to freakin out on the dancefloor....

"Not much "live" element to it.."

yeah i read somewhere they always play from dats, only few elements are "live"...

Guest Protex Midget

Since I live in Israel, i don't need to go to Infected Mushroom parties, because we have so many good underground parties here, and IM parties are always commercial. But, as jonathan said, you live in the US, and you can't be very pickey about your psy parties - so i reccomend that you go and check it out (but don't expect anything underground, 'cause IM parties are always commercial)

Guest Dr. Krelm

From what I have heard, the show in Dallas will be pretty damn good. The people throwing the party are getting one or two deco crews that do many of the Dallas psytrance parties, so the deco should be nice. Do remember that it is on a Wednesday night and ends at 2am, so it will not be like an outdoor Texaliens or UMP party. However, the people throwing the event are recent psytrance converts and have booked local talent, so it won't be a commercial rave or anything. Trees is apparently one of the better clubs in Dallas for "not your typical crappy club experience", so this definitely will not suck. Most of the psytrance freaks all throughout Texas will be in attendance, so there will definitely be a great crowd.

Anyways, it is Infected Mushroom.

In Texas.

Anybody that likes Infected Mushroom and does not go should have their head checked. :)

I would so be there were I still living in Austin, no question at all.

Plus Astrix just kicks much ass.

I'm going to a Infected party the 27 of September.. I'm looking forward to hear and see them.. Because I got friends who seen them and told me that they are very cool.. I've got all their albums and like the music they make alot..

Guest marbleman

i saw them ~2years ago at karma2 in montreal

amazing show. time of my life

i saw this past march in a club. i left half an hour into the set

Guest Tentwins

How many good psytrance parties or Live acts you can have in Texas???

Your question has been answered, go check them, you won't regret. Pure energy and vibe by these two guys.

Basilisk... thats kinda what i was afraid of, obviosly they are ultra commercialized.

Tentwins, live acts never have gotten me exited... even if they are in my backyard (well maybe then lol) Thats why i posted this... all my apprehensions seem pretty accurate on IM... But many people say GO SEE THEM ... so i'll check and see what my friends think

saw them 2 times - 2 times astonished by their music ... the "show" is weak, they hardly smile or interact with the audience ... but man, THE MUSIC! check them out!

a performance is all about the music imo ... the way an artist 'act's' or interacts is a suplement for the performance ... even if texas fagott did crazy stunt's during their act and have all sorts of naked women on stage, i still would think the live-act sucked because i totalle dislike their music ... i thought psytrance was about music ... snusnu, explain please ... i really don't understand what was so great about their performance at senseblender if you don't like their music ... i loved it, but that's mainly because i love their music, the performance was just 2 people standing there and the music was completely the same as they are on the albums ...

:-?

Guest Pringles

Hey Texas people, when and where is Infected playing in Dallas? Or anywhere else in Texas? I'm going back to college on the 29th and hoping its gonna be after that date coz I always seem to miss their shows. Thanx :)

Guest Pringles

Yeah I just saw it online, damnit I have absolutely no luck with psy parties. I'm in Spain for the summer and was planning to go to Dreamdance but it got canceled. Now this crap I get there a day after IM and its $80 to change the flight, and I dont have $80!!! I've only been to 2 psy parties and both were in 98-99, a looooooong time ago. Some entity somewhere has something against me going to Psy Parties :( So... anyone got $80 to spare so I can go see IM? ;)