Label: Mechanik Sound

mars

Label: Mechanik Sound Records (Fred and Gemma)

Date: 02-10-03

By: Mars

Q: How & when did your Mechanik adventure start and > where are you based ?

A: Well, Gemma and me wanted to be more indepandent on my produtions , wanted to have a better control on this , also work more closer was an important point which bring to this idea ,.,and we were a band of friends (Hyper Frequencies, Ananda, Jessy, The Yeti) so we talked all together and thought we could work all of us in this project, that was in february 2002 and that's how it came.

Q: How did you choose this name ?

A: Well it was quite obvious, Neuromotor, Hyper Frequencies, we thought that our label had to be very clear...so mechanik was the closest so far.

Q: Could you describe us the style of trance you want to favour to be released under your label? Do you favour a particular country in the musical orientation of your label?

A: We would like to keep the line of Hyper Frequencies, Neuromotor, we'd like some dance floor staff , Yechnoid psychedelik and defenetly rock our next compilation gonna give to the people an obvious flavour .....called "Psycho Laboratory" (note : it's released today !!)

Well about the country we wanted to be connect with some scene like Brazil that why we released Lotus Omega (even they are not there, but they were really inspired). I played lot of times there, i feel in love with this country.

But we are not gonna stuck on one country, there's so many good productions everywhere in this world ....so we ll probably release from all over.

Q: How do you see the future & growth of your label? What new records will you release?

A: We are positive when we think in this term, we are tying to be most professionnal as we can, at that time. We are still learning the way it goes, but fortunatly we have a good team which feel really involved in this label, so that helps. We'd like to bring some good productions out, work with other label, events in differents countries, and actually we have a project which is a T.V program well, we're on it so we ll talk about it when it'll be ready.

Our next release should come out around marsh 15th, it is a compilation called as i said before "Psycho Laboratory" which contains the artists we like now and we wanted to see all together on the same album : Hyper Frequencies, Xenomorph, Parasense, Neuromotor, Skazi, Beat On Phobia, CPU, Lotus Omega, Talamasca.

Then after it we ll release a new Fyper Frequencies album , which i should say it is a blaster one...it is a subtile mix between techno, rock psychedelik, hypnosis, acid...well u'll see, we are kind of proud to produce this artist.

Q: What artists would you like to work with?

A: Silcon sound, Biodegradable, Skazi, Psychaos, Xenomorph and Parasense...we have planned already with all of them to do something, let's be patient it's gonna come.

Q: Is there another particular label you appreciate a lot for its musical orientation?

A: Yes, for sure Acidance, Shaffel, 3DVision, and a lot Ultimae Records.

Q: Do you organize parties with your label ?

A: Yes are actually planning a tour with a lot of promoters, like Japan, Costa Rica, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, and France this should start around jully...

Q: Are you used to DJ in some parties? If so, what kind of stuff do you play in these parties ?

A: 60% Neuromotor stuff, and mostly the music that we are going to release, like CPU, Hyper Frequencies, Xenomorph, Parasense, Syriuisness...I play dark and psychedelik mostly, but it depends on the party; i also played groovys and melodic. The only type i'm not used to play is progressive. I like it but doesn't fit in my set, and well i don t have any of those tunes, so...

Q: What do you think about the psy-trance scene globally ? How do you think it's evolving ?

A: What i think is we can be happy, this is growing up we play it all over, the music is changing new people are comming...Well it is not anymore trancy like it used to be but it is stomping and it is rocking the earth. It's an answer to our life and to our system...i really enjoy to be a part of it ,and i beleive in our future .

Q: Finally, do have anything else you'd like to say?

A: ...(seems not)

You can have more infos about Mechanik Sound Records at http://www.mechaniksound.com !