Ableton/Allen & Heath Xone 3D Mixer

Hey guyz!

Need some help, I am thinking of getting ableton live 5 and a Mixer (Allen & Heath Xone 3D Mixer) instead of using CD-decks for live mixing?

Does anybody on here use Ableton for Live mixing? if you do, do you only take your laptop? or do you have to carry a Midi Mixer around with you aswell? in case the mixer at the club doesnt support USB? also driver problems when pluging diffrent mixers into your laptop, does Ableton pick the up new Mixer? (plug n play) or do you have to mess around installing drivers for that mixer?

also do you have all your songs on the HDD (hardrive)? or do you take your CD's with you and load them on as you go along?

and how easy is Ableton to use? I have only had a little play around with it on my computer, is it flexible and easy when mixing? compared to CD-Decks?

sorry for the all questions I am just looking for practicality and easy use. because If I do go onto computer mixing, I dont really want tobe carry tones of stuff with me! (CD bag, Laptop, Midi Mixer ect ect..)

and I really dont want tobe messing the up the set if I push a wrong button..

Any Info would be a great help :)