?????????

Guest AtomikElf

lots of sick, squelchy sounds that seem to rip thru the sonic universe and your brain. think of cosmosis, some infected mushroom, shakta....hmm, that's all i can think of for now....my brain is not ticking ¦)

Especially shakta & moonweed - micronesia, at about 3:00 I think sounds almost like acid techno, you can't miss it.

And Cosmosis - Interspatial Meltdown too.

An acd sound is a sound created by the Roland TB303 and other synthersizer that emulate this sound. Go listen to something by Chris Liberator, D.A.V.E The Drummer etc. It is the main part of Acid Techno, and was used a lot in early goa. The sound used a lot in Goa are not pure 303 acid sounds, they are didgital not anologue and you cannot even try to begin to compare the sound. I find a lot of the 303 type sounds used in today's Goa music to be quite porr in comparison, but then again., it ain't so easy to by a real 303 these days :-)

Roland needs to uh... release an updated 303. I mean it's not like they won't become billionares overnight or anything. 303s are digital, and so are any other synthetic sound.

Um actually the roland 303 is anologue, it is a computer based synthesizer, you need to hook it up to a computer to run it, hence any picture will show youit has the words "computer controlled" on the synthesizer :-)

Guest etherdesign

Whoa holy wrong ideas batman.. ok.. let's have a synthesis history lesson...

The Roland TB-303 bassline is a specific synthesizer, it does not need to be hooked up to a computer, it was called computer controlled because it had an onboard sequencer which was not all too common those days for such a small synthesizer.. this was the computer.. there is no way of syncing it to your computer unless you have a DIN (the Roland TB-303, TR-808, TR-909 and TR-606 use DIN sync, their precursor to MIDI) to MIDI sync converter.. and it is analogue, not digital.. it was inroduced in 1982 as a replacement for a bass guitarist for practice, along with it's companion, the TR-606 analogue drum machine, meant to replace a drummer at practice sessions.. well.. musicians were none too happy with these replacements and they soon plummeted in value until acid house came about in the late 80's.. the tr-606 is still cheap, but the TB-303, which at it's lowest point people sold for $40 or so, if they didn't just give it away no sells for over $1000 and you are lucky if you can find one.. I believe only some 3,000 or so units were made, which if you consider the amount of electronic music producers on the planet, is not a whole lot.. The reason they do not replicate it and make alot of money is because they would not make alot of money.. the parts this synth is made of are not made any more, they would have to set up a factory to specially make these old transistors and parts.. if this synth was made today, it would most likely cost more than the original sells for today.. to learn more about it go here: Unofficial TB-303 Homepage

And there you go.