uk artist j-level :)

hey guys, just wana introduce myself to the forum - im david - J-Level - ive been making music for a good few years, trying different things, and well in the last yuear or so ive found music that i am completely comfortable when im making and that comes most naturally.

would say that my music has a big psychedellic element whilst bringing influences from the other music i listen to. in all honesty its hard to describe it and it cant really be put into a single genre!

have joined the forum to meet like minded producers and hear plenty of new music - mayeb eevn meet some people to collaborate with.

here the plugs.......

jlevel.co.uk- my offical website under reconstruction!

http://thirteenrec.com/jlevelmy page on the website of the record label i am signed to

Myspace.com/jlevel myspace page - hear my latest tunes there

would love to hear peoples opinons of my new track - 'SUPERMAN WEARS JACK BAUER PAJAMAS'

you can hear it on the myspace link above. have had really good feedback so far and honestly think its the best thing i have done

Peace

Hi David!

nice tracks, your music sure has some psychedelic elements.

I like your style. It's fresh & personal.

It has got all elements i like from different genres, especially dreamy psychedelic tunes & soft breaks. :P perfect mix

label? album? compilation? name? ???????

You ever tried to make dancemusic?

Alot of people in the psy-scene are waiting for some producers to create some fresh mix between Drum n bass & goa/psytrance. are you our saviour?????? :):lol: (psy went pretty hardcore/dark lately :( )

hey mate, how are you?

the record label i am signed to is called Thirteen records- i am gonna be released on thier sub label thirteen blue. My album which should hopefully be coming out in the summer time will be called 3eb though the final 10 tracks have not been finalised!

thanks for you comments on my music. I use to be fully involved in the drum and bass scene as a dj and producer - i won a competition on bbc radio 1 xtra a few years back and had 3000 copies one of my tracks given out all over the country. i got pretty sick of the Uk dnb scene and the people who essentially run it, so i kind of moved away from it. I think alot of mu music has a dnb element to it, be it the breaks, the bass or the recce synth sounds i love to use (my track velocity structure is a prime example). am working on a breakbeat tune at the moment to, and have put some ideas down for a psy trance track -

how about you, where can ihear some of your tunes????

better run - i have been on jury duty the last 2 and a half weeks and im late every day :s

peace

J

well, i'm don't really consider myself a musician. But sometimes I play around and create some stuff, most of them are just experiments:

I've been shifting between several names :P : aquanomaly, xenoform, and now it's Lucid locust (psy) & FFW: fusion from within (IDM).

I also make make party/festival decoration : Xibalz deco.

And i do visuals ( but no name yet :P)

psy & IDM

clicky

psy & IDM

clicky 2

old psy

clicky

old psy

clicky (OLD!)

I only make psy when i'm really drunk or stoned. Most of the time it's unfinished.

IDM & experimental stuff is used for promotional video's (schools, companies, etc..)

visuals screenshots & party deco : clicky

am well liking the tunes man, real good atmosphere in em, good changes into madness!!!! love it :)

production is sounding pretty tight to - got nice bass sounds, and general atmospheric sounds are well made and positioned within the track

your art is outstanding!!!! where are the parties that your have/play em??

thanks man :)

Most parties i decorate or play visuals are in Belgium. It's been a while though. It's pretty exhausting to arrive at noon, hang 60 paintings, play visuals for 13 hours and then start cleaning up while everybody is at home sleeping and dreaming. I'm "on hold" since 12 december, had some more important stuff to take care of first. I work in a team so it's possible to back out a little without dropping the whole project. Bt i'll be back in full flavour onec the summer arrives. I'm currently painting some new stuff and trying to fix me a summer festival somewhere.

same as mate, am looking to get some sets this summer, mightbe going to ibiza to play some chillout and breakbeat for my label, but other than that im struggling to find some, know any i should maybe get in contact with for that kind of music???

you create an integral part of a gigs atmosphere, i respect the fact you do all of that a great deal, i use to promote parties when i wa sliving in leeds and i know how much work every aspect of the party can be !

:)

J