6 Herr Verschiedenst

7 Drehstück

8 Backup Day

9 Cunulonimbus

10 Raumzeit

11 Der Kleine Korg Und Das Echo

12 Cabal Du Midi

Released on Resopal 2005

About one and a half years ago I was in a little Techno Club in Berlin called Hangar and some guy in his mid to late thirties, the hair already a little lighter on top of his head, was dancing so immersed into the music, his eyes closed, a serene and satisfied smile on his face, his whole body fluidly twisting and morphing with the music, that I pointed him out to my friend "Hey, check out that Guy, he's really into it and having fun" and my friend answered "Wow, thats Der Dritte Raum, I just saw him play live at some Festival". And sure enough, when I got home, I checked for Photos of Der Dritte Raum and it was the guy I had seen at the hangar flowing with the music.

So when I picked up this album a while ago and the first funky typical Der Dritte Raum groove started to kick in, I immediately had the image of its creator dancing to it in my head. If you have seen the man dance, you know where the music comes from. If Der Dritte Raum should ever do a music video, I cannot imagine a better visual interpretation than Andreas Krüger himself getting his groove on!

Theres something so playful, quirky and happy, dare I even say funky (if you read my other reviews you know I usually hate funky music, but this is good funky) about the music on this CD, if it does'nt put a big smile on your face there must be something wrong with you. I have heard everyone of DDR's releases except the last one, Klubraum, which I totally missed somehow, and this one has all the characteristics we have come to love from him, the typical wandering pushing basslines, the rhythm producing mid-section synth-stabs and of course sparse but well-chosen sounds to create delightful positive atmospheres. I would say this one is the most subtle of his albums, there are no sure-fire dancefloor hits a la Hale Bopp on here, IMHO the whole album should be listened to in one piece from beginning to end, because only then it can unfold all its magic.

"Der Kleine Korg.." for sure will move any sunny dancefloor, and the girlies will be able to shake their booty to it with careless grace and style, but right now its my favorite album to listen to "while I do stuff", like cooking or cleaning or working on the computer, because whatver I do, this CD makes it more fun and therefore I also find it very inspiring. Like the other day I was cooking (Yes, I cooked, my mother would be so proud of me) with "Der Kleine Korg..." playing, and without knowing I was dancing through my kitchen with pots and pans in my hand....luckily no one saw that :ph34r:

Ok, I digress, back on topic. Its hard to name any favorite tracks because this is a whole album to me and not a compilation and I must admit the sound is very homogenous, maybe too homogenous for some people, but my fav. right now is the title track "Der Kleine Korg.." and also "Culonibus" and "Narkonaut". Generally speaking I i like the last part of the CD, Tracks 8-12, the best for home listening, because its more harmonic and trancey, while the middle is funkier and probably more dance-friendly. To sum it up, I strongly recommend this CD, especially if you already like DDR's sound, if you are not familiar with him give "Der Kleine Korg..." some time to really sink in because it is very subtle and gentle. Or try to see Andreas Krüger dance somewhere, then you really know what his music is all about :P

OMG ! They did it again ! Der Dritte Raum are progressing through time without sounding the same but always staying on their old track. I love this amazing blend of funk, tech, house and trance. They always managed to construct incredibly smooth, funky atmospheres, music for the club and party, very funny, filled with quirky, crazy basslines and catchy melodies. This album continues Der Dritte Raum tradition and even though it is more minimal than their other releases it is still capturing the true spirit of the group. GSH is right, you can't name favourite tracks cause they are all great but CHIDO WAY, POLYNESIA, NARKONAUT, CIRCULAR STRUCTURE. CUNULONIMBUS and DER KLEINE KORG UND DAS ECHO are the most hillarious and tasty.... 9/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This is a good release. Maybe a bit repetitive at times, but not too much. This funkiness will make you dance where ever you are. I wouldn't recommend this for "doing things" because it may make you dance too much :)