• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Hmmmm.... Well....Hope the next album "Asynja" will kick more for

you,guys.Anyway.... Trance is for peace and keep up the good spirit and bla

bla bla..... :)

And dont forget to practice more in the studios,boys. ¤¤¤

C Y

Miranda

:lol: :drama: This album still kicks ass , its one of the last real goa albums fron the first goa era, and i think it has the best sound quality of that time to, you

can really hear that the label invested money in this project.

And of course there is rare with albums where all tracks are super. Its always a balance and different tastes. I think it suffered a lot from the fact that it came out just when goa trance was fading away.

But when i listen to it today it and compare it to todays newly released goa.. this outclasses them! I mean she was a part of what defined a whole genre back then.

My fav tracks on this CD are: Gnocchi remix, eyedentify, Anaesthetic, earth and space, and the antiloop remix also since i listened a lot to them to when this album was released.. the intro is very nice to perfect for the concept of the album.

• 8 months later...

MIRANDA - THE NORTHERN LIGHTS

GOLDHEAD RECORDS

Posted Image

Track listing:

01. 02'04" Intro - B+ .... I've always felt this being great. Crisp. Refreshing. Interesting. Educational. It sets things up nicely.

02. 07'45" Anaesthetic - B-

03. 07'36" Gnocchi (Rmx) - B+

04. 07'09" Lynx - B+ ... Love the industrial sound in the first half that she builds the song upon. It's gripping, very danceable.

05. 06'18" Mantra - B-

06. 06'58" Guitars And Tatoos - B

07. 07'40" Eyedentify - A-

08. 04'39" Mars Needs Women (Antiloop Album Version) - B+

09. 07'41" Earth And Space - B+

10. 08'39" U Are Alone - B+

11. 08'40" Feel The Effect - A ... Unforgettable. One of the best, most elegant tracks ever composed in Psy/Goa trance, period.

I miss this woman's work. She was (and still is?) one of the best producers in the scene. Even when she recycled some similar ideas and concepts as done on this album, she never really lost her touch, edge completely. Phenomena was a groundbreaking debut in Goa. Real Rush was a solid, though less groundbreaking follow up with some awesome, new ideas in Psy/Goa. And The Northern Lights has not only her most unique introduction, but several of her greatest tracks of all time. I love her harder, more aggressive melodic style specifically. Goa influenced Psytrance? Or Psy influenced Goa? Miranda knew exactly what she was doing when she produced all four main, non-remixed albums to date, and I don't know if a woman exists in the scene who made Psy music quite as good as Miranda. I'm even more impressed that a woman was able to produce such adrenaline pumping works of speed and strength. That's not to say she wasn't creative and talented. I love her style, and have been listening to her music all over again. Because both she and the scene doesn't make music quite like this anymore.

Best Tracks - 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 11

B+